Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Very nice! Your reload and splits on the circle are on point.

I look for getting around a 1.5-1.6 draw to first shot (with consistency) and a .4 to .5 split. Ultimately trying for 2.0 to 2.1 for the head shots. That’s where I would concentrate to make up time. It will help make your performance repeatable and it will allow you that .33 vs .23 split on the back end.

From concealment @7 My personal best. Had my big fat finger in the frame.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 02-05-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Managed to cut my personal best down a little more. I'm enjoying running this drill right now.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 02-10-2019 at 05:38 PM.

I've started focusing the FAST drill this month after signing up for an LTT class scheduled for later this year. Currently I only have holster draw authorization for my range with an open carry/duty holster; is there a recommended type to work with? I know ALS/SERPA adds .5 sec to your final score, so I'm looking at an SLS setup for my Elite LTT for the sake of keeping things simple, assuming it doesn't add any penalty.

My current splits aren't great and I keep fudging the DA shot on the 3x5. When I can run it clean, I'm generally in the 6.5-7 sec range, though I can't be sure without a shot timer.

If I did a FAST drill tutorial on how to get to sub 5 seconds, would you guys dig it? Ernest Langdon already gave me his blessing.

What say you Pistol Forum?
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    If I did a FAST drill tutorial on how to get to sub 5 seconds, would you guys dig it? Ernest Langdon already gave me his blessing.

What say you Pistol Forum?
    Uuuuummmm... yes please?

I always find its my reload that gets me. If I bobble even a smidge on either clearing it from concealment or insertion, I’m not making time.

I need to work my reloads more. I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Uuuuummmm... yes please?

I always find its my reload that gets me. If I bobble even a smidge on either clearing it from concealment or insertion, I’m not making time.

I need to work my reloads more. I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definetly will cover that. Reps without technique refinement is a waste of time. Speed is the economy of motion.
    FAST Coin Owner #15

Here in the first video is the series. In this one, I talk about common mistakes I see when people are trying to go faster during the FAST.

NOTE: I know the I called it the FAST drill. I know it is a test not a drill. My apologies. Now please calm down.

Last edited by AsianJedi; 02-23-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    FAST Coin Owner #15

Here in the first video is the series. In this one, I talk about common mistakes I see when people are trying to go faster during the FAST.

NOTE: I know the I called it the FAST drill. I know it is a test not a drill. My apologies. Now please calm down.

Good shit, dude! Extremely helpful, with the bonus of your awesome sense of humor.

That is an excellent breakdown! I wish I was able to take the class you have with GCS in June, hopefully I can make it happen.

User Tag List