Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Greetings gents!

Been lurking for awhile and thought I'd start posting. I found this drill on another site and it led me here. I finally got out and tried it this morning. Tougher than I thought.

First run was 8 something just to give it a try. After a few runs I picked up the pace. Best run of the day was 5.28 from my duty gear level 3 Serpa and open top mag pouches (bianchi) with a stock 226 9mm. My reloads were slow cuz my slide never locks back. My thumb (thumbs forward grip) rides right on the slide lock so that slowed me down some.

Great drill. Gonna keep using this one in my practice sessions.

Be safe.

That was from concealment, Xpd54?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Xpd54 View Post
    Great drill. Gonna keep using this one in my practice sessions.
    Be careful, because the FAST isn't really a drill - it's a test.

You should look very carefully at your split times, your target, and your total time. From that analysis you should move on to specific drills that address any issues that you're having. Go back and try the FAST again in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That was from concealment, Xpd54?
    No.. From my duty gear. Looking at the target again, I need to add .5 seconds to the total so it'd b 5.78.

I want your Thoughts on this drill ran Support hand only, I'm recovering from R, shoulder surgery, so I've ran this once ( before surgery) SHO with a time of 10.38 clean.

I hope to get out this next week and run some if I can. What do you think a "good" time on this would be ran SHO?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Ran this for the first time this weekend - my best run was a 5.65 clean from concealment (untucked T-Shirt). This is an "Unofficial" run though, as I ran the FAST more than 3 times, and this was my last run.

1.71, .84, 2.33, .26, .26, .25

If I can get my 3x5 split down I will definitely shave some time off, and the reload is a tad slow, but not sure I could ever break 5 sec.

I have a pair of Heinie's on the way for the P30, and this should help with getting a better sight picture out of the holster and on the second head box shot.

Prdator -

How are you performing your reloads? That time seems like an excellent run, just curious about how your are addressing the reloads.
    Last edited by John Ralston; 04-18-2011 at 09:39 AM.

He's putting the gun between his knees and holding it there during the reload.

He managed a 9.64 clean Saturday WHO that should have been a 9.14 except for a little bobble on one of his body splits.

Sounds like a fantastic time - I applaud the effort.

Is he running a LH Appendix Rig (might be the way to go since he can't draw from thw strong side). The reload might be quicker by reholstering - not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic time - I applaud the effort.

Is he running a LH Appendix Rig (might be the way to go since he can't draw from thw strong side). The reload might be quicker by reholstering - not sure though.
    John,

Yep running a LH AIWB,

You know I've been thinking about re holstering and dong the reload there......
    Just not sure I want to do that AIWB wile im in a hurry, but I'll do some dry and see what happens.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    John,

Yep running a LH AIWB,

You know I've been thinking about re holstering and dong the reload there......
    Just not sure I want to do that AIWB wile im in a hurry, but I'll do some dry and see what happens.
    Just put the mag in while holstered, then drop the slide on your presentation to the target...don't want another injury to deal with.

User Tag List