Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Guess it's a bad day for mannequins then, ain't it.
    We don't really know. Never showed your hits...
    i used to wannabe

Nobody is going to change anyone's opinion here.

That being said, i think that shooting paper to improve technical proficency is useful. Shooting people shapes also has it's place. One is skill/ability building and the other is mindset/application awareness.

But thats just like, my opinion man.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    We don't really know. Never showed your hits...
    I'll blame the Russians for hacking my video on that one
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I'll blame the Russians for hacking my video on that one
    Sorry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So despite my demeanor in the video I am serious about improving. Beyond increasing grip strength for follow up shots and shot placement consistency, where else do I speed up/improve? Are there any glaring issues I'm not aware of?
    I do have an AIWB holster on order for a 4" FNS - my previous mentality was "train" on the Longslide at 3 O'clock and carry the compact IWB at the 4:30 but now I see how that is a facile training system.

EDIT: Sorry I swear constantly, mind your ears.

Last edited by SsevenN; 02-18-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Are there any glaring issues I'm not aware of?
    I only watched half your video as I'm about to run out for the afternoon, but two things that might help.

1. What are the split times on your runs? It will help identify where you have the lowest hanging fruit to improve - is it the draw 2 to the headbox, or the reload? Unless you're shooting really slowly, I think most people aren't going to find a lot of time on the last 3 body shots.

2. One obvious thing that stuck out to me was on the reload, you pull the gun back towards your body and press back out, versus seating the mag and start moving the gun towards the target.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've had a lot of time to be active on any forums but I thought I'd throw this out there (literally my first YouTube upload ever, so I had to upload something useful, and it reminded me of this thread on PF).

FAST Drill - 3/30/16 (yep, nearly a year ago - but it's the last video I have of running it).

Cold run at the end of a photoshoot. I happened to have this target in my bag, so I ran I stapled it up to a target real fast and had my buddy hold the phone and simulate the timer beep. Used Max Michel's app to do the time notations. It looks different because I ran it at half the distance on a half sized target that I created for the monthly RECOIL target insert a few years ago. (Which was approved and permitted by TLG). So that's why it looks a little close.

I did bumble the reload a bit - missed hitting the magwell but I cleaned it up pretty quickly thankfully.
    Last edited by Jason F; 02-18-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

I think some people might find this interesting. I shoot the FAST 3 times in a row with 3 different guns to see what the difference is.

Last edited by nwhpfan; 02-18-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    I think some people might find this interesting. I shoot the FAST 3 times in a row with 3 different guns to see what the difference is.

Very cool. What have you done to your g34 trigger?

Awesome shooting with all three!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I only watched half your video as I'm about to run out for the afternoon, but two things that might help.

1. What are the split times on your runs? It will help identify where you have the lowest hanging fruit to improve - is it the draw 2 to the headbox, or the reload? Unless you're shooting really slowly, I think most people aren't going to find a lot of time on the last 3 body shots.

Don't quote me on any of this but my splits are slow generally. I usually need .60-.70 at my fastest for the split on the head.
    On the 8" thoracic I need to revisit times - yesterday I was really really slow on it with like .35-.50 splits - I was negligent and didn't peek at them this morning but I think they are faster? I freaking hope they are.

2. One obvious thing that stuck out to me was on the reload, you pull the gun back towards your body and press back out, versus seating the mag and start moving the gun towards the target.

From what I can tell my reloads are ok but I can shave a bit.
    Yes and thanks, to go old school - excessive waste movement. I can see my self hyper extending when recording but it's hard to pump the brakes and level it out. Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited by SsevenN; 02-18-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

User Tag List