Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Like someone kicked your dog something, it's all good though, I enjoy people talking trash it makes what happens at the range face to face all that much better.
    Not my dog, I'm just having fun. And I agree. Everyone posts great video, no one ever seems to be able to deliver in person. Rarely, at any rate.

My FAVORITE dog.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Not my dog, I'm just having fun. And I agree. Everyone posts great video, no one ever seems to be able to deliver in person. Rarely, at any rate.
    I don't bet unless I know I'll win...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

uhhh...that's not gaming, it's just called targets. Targetry, if you like. In fact, since the FAST is not a tactical drill, or any other kind of drill, and it has rules, you kind of have to use paper targets. It's a simple test, nothing more. Why is this so confusing for people?

If you want to talk tactics and training for the real world...it seems to me that shooting a rubber dummy is pretty fake too. Also, if you shot him twice in the face, why are you shooting him 4 times in the chest? Training scars, doncha know?

Just watched the video. I think its legit to write in the target sizes on the dummy. Not sure how that is so different than paper though.

Also, speaking of tactical mindset stuff, which I know is a fan fav of yours...there are better, more robust techniques for dealing with a stuck mag, rather than wiggling the gun back and forth, trying to shake the mag out. I just can't reveal them on the internet, OPSEC, and all.
    I had the paper...As you saw, I got the rubber dummy for the specific reason of shooting a person type object. In between I analyze the shots and see what it would have done. After I ran everything I realized I should have put the 3x5 between bridge of nose and above eyebrows, it should actually be a triangle, that's for my next trip.

Re stuck mag; I have four mags that are marked which will stick each time. They are training only mags and I was using them for other drills that day (not recorded). I use my reload to strip the mag out or my other hand while it's going down for the reload I'd I figure it out fast enough. Both work better than wiggling, neither I rep in any quantity to have a natural response to. That's my defiency but not one which I have any real issue with as I usually do one of the above to get the mag out.

Opsec are the other videos I took which I won't post
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My FAVORITE dog.
    You have a least favorite dog?
    VDMSR.com

We need to go bump the training scar thread.
    i used to wannabe

We need to go bump the training scar thread.
    You should...

Make sure to add all the scars shooting paper and so on.

Are there any associated with kicked dogs?
    VDMSR.com

Hmm. I post mostly crappy video. I must be doing something wrong.

#lostontheinternetagain
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I think I can kick a dog for fun and then have the mental capacity to not automatically kick dogs when something happens.

You on the other hand may not be able to walk past mannequins without shooting them twice in the head and then subconsciously reloading and finishing them off with 4 to the body.
    i used to wannabe

I think I can kick a dog for fun and then have the mental capacity to not automatically kick dogs when something happens.

You on the other hand may not be able to walk past mannequins without shooting them twice in the head and then subconsciously reloading and finishing them off with 4 to the body.
    Guess it's a bad day for mannequins then, ain't it.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List