Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    ^^ Thanks for noticing that GJM. I just grabbed my pistol and did a few reloads and I really am turning it far inboard, way more than I need to be, and much more than I thought I was. I appreciate the feedback, I'll work on it!
    Glad to help.

First, I drop the mag vertically, as it drops easier. Then I orient the mag well so that it matches the angle of the magazine, coming from the belt, with the muzzle tipped down slightly to aid insertion. I use my index finger to orient the magazine into the magwell, with a slight pause as I insert the magazine. That works for pistol and PCC.

I had my wife video me, using slo mo on the iPhone, when I was working the PCC reloads, and that identified inefficiency. This is what it looks like now, after working each aspect.

https://youtu.be/vt8yVvQdywI
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the additional advice! I just went to bullet nose out mag pouches and have been working heavily on reloads, so it's a great time to revise other aspects as well.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Since I dislike gaming...Ran the FAST on a Rubber Dummy. Reloads were from rear pockets.

Guns I ran:

1. EDC G19 (Gen3)
    2. G17L w/ ALG 6 Second Mount + T1 2MOA + TBRCi Comp (#voodoospecial v2.0) - Photos coming soon.
    3. G19 (Gen3) w/ Dueck Defense RBU with RM09

Had a bunch of interesting issues finding the dots on the guns as well as reloading with a bad mag I had thrown in the mix.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You claim you aren't a gamer but I think you might be gaming it a little with that extended mag as a reload. Gamer.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You claim you aren't a gamer but I think you might be gaming it a little with that extended mag as a reload. Gamer.
    Extended mag from my rear pocket?

Ever try to reload with a standard size mag from a rear pocket? That's hard as hell. LOL
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Ever try to reload with a standard size mag from a rear pocket? That's hard as hell. LOL
    No hits no time no care
    i used to wannabe

I think you should continue the clock until you finish the scan.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Y'all should stick to paper targets...Since you know, real life is all about shooting paper...
    VDMSR.com

Y'all should stick to paper targets...Since you know, real life is all about shooting paper...
    uhhh...that's not gaming, it's just called targets. Targetry, if you like. In fact, since the FAST is not a tactical drill, or any other kind of drill, and it has rules, you kind of have to use paper targets. It's a simple test, nothing more. Why is this so confusing for people?

If you want to talk tactics and training for the real world...it seems to me that shooting a rubber dummy is pretty fake too. Also, if you shot him twice in the face, why are you shooting him 4 times in the chest? Training scars, doncha know?

Just watched the video. I think its legit to write in the target sizes on the dummy. Not sure how that is so different than paper though.

Also, speaking of tactical mindset stuff, which I know is a fan fav of yours...there are better, more robust techniques for dealing with a stuck mag, rather than wiggling the gun back and forth, trying to shake the mag out. I just can't reveal them on the internet, OPSEC, and all.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-14-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Like someone kicked your dog something, it's all good though, I enjoy people talking trash it makes what happens at the range face to face all that much better.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List