Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Ran FAST this morning for the first time in a while. 6 seconds flat. I will say that the overhand power stroke really slows my already slow reload down.

Very nice shooting AJ! Congratulations! The first run is by far the easiest... after that poop gets real and stress goes to 12 out of 10. Good job man.
    Last edited by SoCalDep; 11-26-2016 at 11:20 PM.

I shot a personal best FAST yesterday.

5.46 Clean
    Beretta PX4 Storm
    124g AE
    Blade-Tech OWB holster and belt, Blackhawk mag pouches.
    Stupid looking IDPA style vest over the whole mess.

I had to look back through my notes, but the last time I got close to that time was a 5.69 back in 2014, which was more of a fluke at that time than anything. Most of my times in those days were low 6's with a couple missed head and body shots. The 5.46 was on my third and final run of the day. The first FAST was shot cold and I hadn't shot in two weeks.

Anyway, I think the PX4 warrants some proper gear. JMCK is in it's future, but I'm very happy with the way these went.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-05-2016 at 09:46 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Very smooth bro!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Very smooth bro!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Got a new (to me) 34 the other day so decided to get my Gabe White on. 34, Tshirt, Eidolon, Lawman 124gr....Taran Tactical irons.

7 attempts. Most were between the 4.9X to 5.1X range while I was getting used to the gun. 1 flyer. Best time was 4.64. Will get some runs on video next time.

FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

Good shooting AJ. I'm curious what your PR is with the FAST with both red dot/comp and iron sights?

4.64 is way speedy!
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-13-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Grammar
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I shot a personal best FAST yesterday.

5.46 Clean
    Beretta PX4 Storm
    124g AE
    Blade-Tech OWB holster and belt, Blackhawk mag pouches.
    Stupid looking IDPA style vest over the whole mess.

I had to look back through my notes, but the last time I got close to that time was a 5.69 back in 2014, which was more of a fluke at that time than anything. Most of my times in those days were low 6's with a couple missed head and body shots. The 5.46 was on my third and final run of the day. The first FAST was shot cold and I hadn't shot in two weeks.

Anyway, I think the PX4 warrants some proper gear. JMCK is in it's future, but I'm very happy with the way these went.

I think you can pick up some time on your reload if you do not turn the magwell so far inboard, which will allow you to keep the pistol more upright.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Good shooting AJ. I'm curious what your PR is with the FAST with both red dot/comp and iron sights?

4.64 is way speedy!
    4.64 is my irons PR. 4.47 is my Roland Special PR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

^^ Thanks for noticing that GJM. I just grabbed my pistol and did a few reloads and I really am turning it far inboard, way more than I need to be, and much more than I thought I was. I appreciate the feedback, I'll work on it!
    --

User Tag List