Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    LOL, yeah on the last F.A.S.T. run I thought I had missed the 3X5 totally, which was odd, because I hadn't called the shots as misses. When I walked closer I saw that three of them were in a little cluster.
    Good work getting on that front sight. Nice shooting

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Good work getting on that front sight. Nice shooting
    Thanks! I've been working hard to try to improve, especially on the key skills that make up the F.A.S.T.

Very nice Clobbersauras!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Thank you Mr. White!

FAST cold

Starting position: Concealed under a tee shirt
    Type of holster: Raven Phantom Light Bearing, IWB
    Time and hits for string 1: 7.93 C
    Time and hits for string 2: 6.68 C
    Time and hits for string 3: 6.87 C
    Aggregate score: 21.48 18/18

I start every range session with this drill, unfortunately I am still dealing with a jacked up timer so no split times today.

Mike

Cleaning three cold FAST runs is impressive, not to mention 2/3 coming in under 7 seconds. Good shooting.

IMO, that's the cold performance we all strive to lock into automaticity, and the whole point of running the FAST.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Cleaning three cold FAST runs is impressive, not to mention 2/3 coming in under 7 seconds. Good shooting.

IMO, that's the cold performance we all strive to lock into automaticity, and the whole point of running the FAST.
    Thanks! I really wish it was that consistence though, sometimes I can't get out of my own way and fall flat on my face. I know that speed is fine and accuracy is final but man I really want 5 second run.

Mike

I shot my first three ever F.A.S.T. drills last week with my Beretta 92. I've put several thousand rounds through the pistol and dry-fired several thousand more times, but I just got a shot timer and Comp-Tac International holster. This is the first time I have even drawn and fired a live round with my Beretta. I wasn't really trying to go fast, I was just trying to be very safe and start developing a draw/shoot/reload/shoot/reholster process I can use in the future. There are quite a few skills I need to modify in my dry fire. I've got a long, long way to go before my class with Ernest Langdon this summer. Does anyone know what kind of F.A.S.T. times students are getting in Ernest's classes or similar classes?

All three tests were clean, but I did not use concealment or a retention holster so add .5 seconds to the time.

9.68: 2.43, 1.07 / 3.78 / 0.86, 0.81, 0.73
    9.89: 2.51, 1.00 / 4.71 / 0.54, 0.70, 0.43
    8.02: 2.38, 0.94 / 3.05 / 0.53, 0.63, 0.49

First string is the one with blue pasters, second with orange pasters, third with no pasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Groen View Post
    I shot my first three ever F.A.S.T. drills last week with my Beretta 92. I've put several thousand rounds through the pistol and dry-fired several thousand more times, but I just got a shot timer and Comp-Tac International holster. This is the first time I have even drawn and fired a live round with my Beretta. I wasn't really trying to go fast, I was just trying to be very safe and start developing a draw/shoot/reload/shoot/reholster process I can use in the future. There are quite a few skills I need to modify in my dry fire. I've got a long, long way to go before my class with Ernest Langdon this summer. Does anyone know what kind of F.A.S.T. times students are getting in Ernest's classes or similar classes?

First string is the one with blue pasters, second with orange pasters, third with no pasters.
    I think I remember Todd posting that few students even shoot sub 7 seconds.

Instead of pasting your hits, just paste the misses.

Looking at your times, the easiest way for you to do better would be your reloads, which could be practiced at home. Cheers.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 02-13-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Groen View Post
    I'm not sure if EL is running tests at all classes or only the advanced.

Don't worry about what other people are clocking on this stuff. Worry about what you can do to tighten up your performance.

As stated above, hitting that reload is going to be a big gain in general. Set up a target at home. I'm using 3" dot and 6" dot for head and chest respectively, and running it form about 3yds, ie the length of my bed plus headboard and footboard stuff. That's the space I have, you may have more to work with.

Put you stuff on and cover with a jacket. Work the drill. I suggest just running a 7sec par time until you feel like your are nailing it at that time. Maybe 7.5 secs. Then work it down.

You'll be surprised at how quickly you progress to that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List