Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Site Supporter
    My personal best:

4.60: 1.62/.52/1.69/.28/.25/.24 (5x8 card substituted for body)

HK P30 VTGS - Don Hume H715 M.S.O (Appendix) - CCC BMC - untucked t-shirt

Personal Best using cover garment:

M&P 45
    Uncle Mikes Holster (not for street use)
    Blade Tech double Mag Pouch

Holster & Mag Pouch located 3:30 & 8:30 respectively

5.85 - 1.82; .5; 2.82; .33; .17; .24 - Clean
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Site Supporter
    VCDgrips-Personal Best

6.10-1.99/.53/2.68/.31/.31/.28

KCPD Indoor Range, 3/18/11
    -Glock 35, Gen 3, 3.5 lb OEM Con. w 5.5 lb trigger spring, Std OEM Slide Rel, OEM Ext Mag Release (stippled and shaped), Ameriglo Pro Operators,green front(orange painted), yellow rears (sharpied black)
    -Keepers Kydex AIWB
    -Alabama Holster Company Kydex IWB mag pouch
    -Wilderness 1.5 inch CSM Frequent Flyer Belt (buckle offset at 3:30)
    -1/4 Zip Closed Front Fleece Top

Breaking 6 is the goal before my 2 day Givens class April 9/10.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 03-19-2011 at 10:06 PM.

My best remains the 7.21 from AFHF last year. That was with a 2nd Gen Glock 19, Warren sights, "-" connector from a Raven Phantom and mag pouch.

At the time I was bummed not to break 7 and get on the "advanced" wall, but honestly it was a fair assessment of where I was at - sneaking onto the wall with a lucky run would have been just that: luck. If anything it's a testament to the FAST being a good test.

Next time I'm going to nail it. It's only the draw, press out, followup shot, reload, and recoil control holding me back
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Jesus Christ you guys are good. I need practice.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by dookie1481 View Post
    Jesus Christ you guys are good. I need practice.
    Maybe ask for help?? we'd be glad to.

Took my nephew out yesterday wile he's at home on leave from Big Green before he heads over to Afghanistan.
    He did a 6.50 clean after we worked on the 3x5 card some. I did a 5.02 cold. ( clean) Reload was 2.23 so I HAVE to start working them agin!!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Maybe ask for help?? we'd be glad to.

Took my nephew out yesterday wile he's at home on leave from Big Green before he heads over to Afghanistan.
    He did a 6.50 clean after we worked on the 3x5 card some. I did a 5.02 cold. ( clean) Reload was 2.23 so I HAVE to start working them agin!!!!!
    I think I have enough KNOWLEDGE to become a proficient shooter. I just need to put in the work. And then work some more. Always a work in progress...
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

First run with the new P30 was a 5.98 clean.

Site Supporter
    VCDgrips
    6.08-New Personal Best
    2.37/.67/2.26/.28/.25/.25
    Glock 35
    Keepers Kydex AIWB
    CCC BMC

When compared to last week's 6.10, I lost a considerable amount of time on the head shots. I know I eye sprinted and slowed down as it was my third run and I wanted it clean. My reload was faster as I expected given with the CCC OWB pouch v. an IWB one. My splits were better as well.

I see some dry fire/manipulations with a timer in my future this week.
    Live fire needs to be 2 shot drills on 3 x 5s set up horizontally.
    My press outs need work.

Breaking 6 is the goal before my 2 day Givens here in KC class April 9/10.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 03-25-2011 at 11:05 AM.

I'm slowly getting up to speed with the P30.
    I could probably shave another .75 by trusting my press outs, but I just don't have the confidence in my alignment yet. My shots have all been there, I just don't have enough trigger time yet to KNOW the shot will be there without that added split second of double verification.
    The result is my first shot from the draw and my reload are both .30 slower than they should be.
    I'm also running .25 body splits when I should easily be right at .21 and my head split is around .60 when it should be closer to .30.
    Today I had 3 straight clean runs:

User Tag List