Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test (F.A.S.T.)

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    No question for me that a high vis front i.e. orange painted relatively narrow front mated to a wider rear helps me pick up the front sight better and faster.

For my related vision odessey

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ibility-sights
    Thank you.

I have been shooting between a 6.30-5.30, most of the time difference is coming from draw to first shot. If I "slow" down, I seem to go faster and get my hits. It kind of reminds of Todd's post on pistol-training.com that comments on how building good reps has its place along side going fast, which I am starting to see. Well here is to the quest of a sub 5 second fast boys, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have been shooting between a 6.30-5.30, most of the time difference is coming from draw to first shot.
    Just wondering, but what are your splits like for each shot/portion of the drill?

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Just wondering, but what are your splits like for each shot/portion of the drill?
    ill have to record them next time, I shoot with someone who always seems to be in a rush so I'm lucky I can even write down my final time!

I've never done this drill and I haven't practiced reloads in for ever. Gonna try to shoot it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ill have to record them next time, I shoot with someone who always seems to be in a rush so I'm lucky I can even write down my final time!
    Ah makes sense. I was thinking that the split times might verify your hypothesis that the draw is the weakest link, or it could highlight a specific area you can work on and get the best gains for speed or consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Ah makes sense. I was thinking that the split times might verify your hypothesis that the draw is the weakest link, or it could highlight a specific area you can work on and get the best gains for speed or consistency.
    oh it is, I have looked enough to notice that is my weakest link. It is also where I'll drop a shot if I am to drop one. My reloads have been very consistent, which used to be my other weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I've never done this drill and I haven't practiced reloads in for ever. Gonna try to shoot it this weekend.
    make sure you use it as a test not a drill. A way to get "better" at the fast is to practice the components, I do a lot of draws to first shot on a 3x5, bill drills, and 1 R 2 drills to practice the aspects of this test.

Did this a few times yesterday, last two scores were 8.69 and 8.84 seconds. Reloads were ~3.7 seconds, going to dry practice reloading tonight. Happy to break 9 seconds.

8.69 -- 2.48, 0.98, 3.62, 0.58, 0.50, 0.53
    8.84 -- 2.23, 1.02, 3.82, 0.63, 0.56, 0.58

Equipment used: Glock 19, Keeper AIWB holster, SafariLand leather mag pouch on belt, Polo shirt for concealment.

Name:  20150814a_FAST2.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  30.1 KB

Name:  20150814b_FAST2.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by Skeeter; 08-15-2015 at 03:54 PM.

These weren't shot with concealment, and I didn't get the run breakdown, but in so happy about this that I wanted to share anyways! First run cold! 6.09 clean! (With no concealment )

User Tag List