Thread: LWRC DI????

LWRC DI????

So I've seen them, but the prices have been coming down and I've got my eye on a midnight bronze LWRC DI in 16". I was wondering if y'all have any experience with them and if they're good to go. I've seen a few write ups on them, and truth be told, I'm already going with an LWRC piston for a dedicated suppressed build for my wife and I. I have a KAC SR-15 on my list, but to save money I might just go with the LWRC DI if it's good to go. I like how LWRC does business. That's not to say I don't like the KAC's I've shot, my wife has one and I love it. But if I can do the LWRC for $1400 or less that's a lot cheaper than the KAC with solid quality still attached. Shit that's better than some BCM's out there.

I plan to build it for a hard use fighting rifle to take to classes (optic/light/Geissele SSA). I've got a BCM 16" middy I'm building as a truck gun now and the total price is already at or above $1400.

Just wondering what the P-F community has as far as mileage goes with this particular rifle.

I have a pair of them.

5200ish rounds down one tube

700 ish through the other, both suppressed wearing TR24s

I’m happy with them - especially for $1050 each new - which is what I got in them for.

I do wish spare bcg weren’t $250 but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Duke; 07-09-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I have a pair of them.

5200ish rounds down one tube

700 ish through the other, both suppressed wearing TR24s

I’m happy with them - especially for $1050 each new - which is what I got in them for.

I do wish spare bcg weren’t $250 but it is what it is.
    I was reading about the one piece BCG's. I like the idea but I'm not sure I "Neeeed it" but for the prices they're at it seems to be a solid feature. How are they with the can?

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I was reading about the one piece BCG's. I like the idea but I'm not sure I "Neeeed it" but for the prices they're at it seems to be a solid feature. How are they with the can?
    Run fine with cans. As with most newer guns they feel slightly over gassed but nothing major.

Mine are 3/4moa 4 shot groupers - the 5th usually opens up to 1.5” or so.

Again I’m happy with that for the 4x optic and cheapish ammo I train with.

The stubby stock they ship with is not to my liking.

The one piece bcg is pretty much the piston gun part with a gas key extension rather than a place for the piston to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Run fine with cans. As with most newer guns they feel slightly over gassed but nothing major.

Mine are 3/4moa 4 shot groupers - the 5th usually opens up to 1.5” or so.

Again I’m happy with that for the 4x optic and cheapish ammo I train with.

The stubby stock they ship with is not to my liking.

The one piece bcg is pretty much the piston gun part with a gas key extension rather than a place for the piston to sit.
    Everything you said there just solidified my purchase. Thanks. I would like to hear from anyone else with mileage, but this was just the info I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Everything you said there just solidified my purchase. Thanks. I would like to hear from anyone else with mileage, but this was just the info I was looking for.
    There are some black ones on GB for $1200ish

Oem triggers where not great also btw.
    Last edited by Duke; 07-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Wow...

1050 is a pretty nice deal if these are coming with the IC Lower. Not bad for a fully ambidextrous gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Wow...

1050 is a pretty nice deal if these are coming with the IC Lower. Not bad for a fully ambidextrous gun.
    Yes. Complete gun.

Got them last year in May or so

Day one with a T1 just to see how it ran.

Name:  480AFCEF-3EB2-49A4-8C4A-8C3BDEB49C08.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  54.3 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 07-09-2018 at 01:49 PM.

I paid $1100.00 otd for mine about a year ago. It’s been a solid rifle much better than the Colt it replaced. Replaced the trigger with a LaRue unit and it runs/shoots great. I probably have 6k rounds through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List