Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multi optic vs direct milled red dot optics

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    As a small data point, a Deltapoint Pro with less than 2300 rounds lost its dot twice today. The dot came back with the next shot. Unity Atom mount on Glock 19x.
    In my experience, an intermittent dot is a sign of impending failure of a DP Pro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In my experience, an intermittent dot is a sign of impending failure of a DP Pro.
    No experience with a DP Pro (other than milling a slide for one), but knowing your experience with them, I have to take this as a fact.

On the other hand, if you have a bottom battery sight, you just may need a piece of tape or two to make the battery a little tighter in its socket.

Spoke to my friend, YVK, tonight. He seemed quite put out about his DP Pro problem. Reminded me of the difference between a curious situation and a crisis. A curious situation being when your friend breaks eight DP Pro units and a crisis being when you break your one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I tell you, dude, this was totally a bittersweet moment. The "oh fuck, the dot's disappearing" was followed, in a nanosecond, by "holy shit, GJM is not crazy when he speaks of eight broken Deltapoints. Thank you, Jesus, I can now stop talking to him like a shrink would talk to a patient".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Spoke to my friend, YVK, tonight. He seemed quite put out about his DP Pro problem. Reminded me of the difference between a curious situation and a crisis. A curious situation being when your friend breaks eight DP Pro units and a crisis being when you break your one.
    I figured out your problem. You keep ordering from the kid's menu.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes/red-d...bine-optic-lco

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have 4 slides milled for RMR, 2 Suarez and 2 Grey Ghost, and have never had an optic move or break. I just run purple loctite and 6-32 x 7/16” screws and had zero issues ever.

You can get 50 screws for like $6 on Amazon. I replace batteries every Christmas and July 4th (prob too often but cheap insurance) and don’t reuse the screws, but I put them in the parts box for emergency spares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I have 4 slides milled for RMR, 2 Suarez and 2 Grey Ghost, and have never had an optic move or break. I just run purple loctite and 6-32 x 7/16” screws and had zero issues ever.

You can get 50 screws for like $6 on Amazon. I replace batteries every Christmas and July 4th (prob too often but cheap insurance) and don’t reuse the screws, but I put them in the parts box for emergency spares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 Milled Slides and take the advice of 6-32x7/16 screws, 50 for around 8 dollars on Amazon and you don't have to shorten one like you do the factory ones for a Glock. I toss them after one use.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

No thread drift intended here ... but a quick question: it would seem that the stationary mounting systems (cf. ALG 6 second) would solve a few of these potential problems while maintaining flexibility- yet it seems like this approach is not being developed the same way as the slide mounting options; why is that? Are there shortcomings other than the form factor / size factor ? It would seem a well executed stationary mount would not beat up the optic, maintain flexibility and be scaled / placed with new MRDS developments. What am I missing ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can't use a frame mounted optic in USPSA CO.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I see! That is a big one and I wasn't paying attention there. Thank you ! Any others outside of the comp. stipulations ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Can't use a frame mounted optic in USPSA CO.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JPedersen; 07-23-2018 at 06:25 PM.

User Tag List