Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi optic vs direct milled red dot optics

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I know it's wishful thinking, but an industry standard for a slide mounted optic "footprint," would be ideal.
    I wish I could like this 10000 times.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I know it's wishful thinking, but an industry standard for a slide mounted optic "footprint," would be ideal.
    What he said.

Far less experience than GJM, however mine is essentially the opposite. Direct mounting of several gen one trijicon RMRs to a slide specifically cut for them led to those RMRs making several trips each to Trijicon warranty repair. This happened at anywhere from 1000+ down to around a 100 rounds. I've got two different Unity slides with the Atom mounting system, one with a T1 and the other a new DPP. I'll be interested in seeing how they hold up once I can get decent round counts on them.

Site Supporter
    I am gonna be trying my first direct milled optic...Trident Defense installed a RM06 on my gen 5 G19. I suspect it will be superior to the MOS G17 with the vortex, although that has held up decently for nonserious uses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've got an M&P Performance Center 9L with the multi plate system on it.
    Shield mini sight(JPoint) on there, I'd say about 4000 rounds and the sucker hasn't budged
    I'm getting ready to buy a 2nd Shadow 2 and send it to CZ custom shop so they can mill it it and lighten it up fo Carry Optics.
    Locking myself into one optic does not appeal to me at all.

Funny, I just talked to Stuart and changed my Shadow 2 multi-optic plate order to a direct mill. If DPP doesn't break, I don't necessarily need any other optic.

We have not noticed any reliability difference.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

As a small data point, a Deltapoint Pro with less than 2300 rounds lost its dot twice today. The dot came back with the next shot. Unity Atom mount on Glock 19x.

If the screws were torqued properly, and sized properly, I don't see how it would make a difference as neither mounting option would allow the optic to move or have differing forces applied.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Y'all making me feel good about going for the direct mount
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

User Tag List