Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Risen from the Dead: S&W 19-4 Combat Magnum 2.5"

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Great for the BBQ, but for shooting I hated them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I LOVE the Nills.....others don't. By the same token, not a fan of Jordan style grips.
    Put 100 rounds through it today with the Nills.

No problem with it making felt recoil uncomfortable, but my hand would slip up the smooth backstrap with each shot, to the point that during one shot the hammer even touched the web of my hand. Not enough to impede the action, but I definitely felt the need to readjust my grip.

Either of you experience this?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

No problem with it making felt recoil uncomfortable, but my hand would slip up the smooth backstrap with each shot, to the point that during one shot the hammer even touched the web of my hand. Not enough to impede the action, but I definitely felt the need to readjust my grip.

No. This may be a grip issue. I lock my thumbs down when shooting revolvers. Wayne Dobbs also has a 3” Model 66 with the same grips and never saw that issue.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    No sir. I was actually surprised at how stable they stayed in my grip, just more felt recoil with .357.

Okay.

I'll head to the range tomorrow after work and take corrective action.

Site Supporter
    Beautiful gun. A 2.5-3" 19 is on my "Must have" list and I wouldn't mind snagging one that needed some TLC to bring back as a nice working gun.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

jealous...

nothing to see hear, move along...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    No. This may be a grip issue. I lock my thumbs down when shooting revolvers. Wayne Dobbs also has a 3” Model 66 with the same grips and never saw that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    No sir. I was actually surprised at how stable they stayed in my grip, just more felt recoil with .357.
    Okay.

I'll head to the range tomorrow after work and take corrective action.
    Just a quick update to this.

I didn't get to the range with the revolver on the 8th, but got there today and switched to using a thumb-over-thumb grip. I typically haven't done this with the K-frame compared to a J-frame because of the size difference and it feeling weird, but the proof is in the pudding. It's just something I'll have to get used to, but there was no shifting up the grip with my hand on recoil, and my POI was actually more true as well.

@TGS this thread started a frightful process. I got impatient finally looking for a more beat up copy and had to jump bumping into this just after it was sold to the shop.

Attachment 32385
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Very cool. Any plans for it?

Very cool. Any plans for it?
    Not beyond ordering a case of .38 from SGammo.com!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List