Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Risen from the Dead: S&W 19-4 Combat Magnum 2.5"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Interesting Googling. I put in "np3 28-2" and found this: https://www.gunsamerica.com/amp/972642604/S-W-28-2.htm

Of course, one doesn't know from the ad whether it was really NP3 applied by Robar, or an imitation.

It must have been a severely rusty gun before the NP3. Deep pits that were covered by the coating but led to adhesion failures.

Also, it's completely blowing off the stopping side of the cylinder notches. A 27 or 28 is known for hammering its notches extra severely due to the rotational inertia of the cylinder, but still, that would concern me with any revolver that's going to see a lot of DA.

Hope TGS' project holds up better.

(I imagine a similar result could occur for any spray-n-bake ceramic coating applied to a rusty gun, or in the vicinity of the cylinder notches.)
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-31-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Karl Nill #SW039 stocks arrived today.

These stocks are my third pair of grips from Karl Nill (I've owned them for an HK P7 and SIG P232). They're masterfully constructed, and the precision of the fit is simply superb. They are also the most ergonomic grips I've owned....the interaction between the palm swell and finger grooves mate up perfectly with my hand.

Aesthetically, I'd prefer if they were just a little bit shorter...it's a little off-balance looking with the 2.5" barrel. I'm excited to get them out to the range and see how I shoot with them.

Name:  CombatMagnumNP3Nills.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  101.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

These stocks are my third pair of grips from Karl Nill (I've owned them for an HK P7 and SIG P232). They're masterfully constructed, and the precision of the fit is simply superb. They are also the most ergonomic grips I've owned....the interaction between the palm swell and finger grooves mate up perfectly with my hand.

Aesthetically, I'd prefer if they were just a little bit shorter...it's a little off-balance looking with the 2.5" barrel. I'm excited to get them out to the range and see how I shoot with them.

Those are good looking grips. I’ve looked at those on line. Where’d you order them?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Those are good looking grips. I’ve looked at those on line. Where’d you order them?
    Lon,

I ordered from MacTec Sales: http://www.mactecsales.com/default.asp

I think they're Nill's distributor for the US.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Lon,

I ordered from MacTec Sales: http://www.mactecsales.com/default.asp

I think they're Nill's distributor for the US.
    Ok. I’ve looked at their site before I think. Thanks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    If you really want a pair of those I have some without the wait. However I will say I did not like them for shooting. They look beautiful, fit very well together (pretty sure they don't even really need the screw to hold them together) but at least for me they seemed to amplify the felt recoil to my hands, especially when shooting .357. Great for the BBQ, but for shooting I hated them. Did about 50 rounds total between .357 and .38 and took them off when I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Ok. I’ve looked at their site before I think. Thanks.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    You have inspired me to budget out a similar revolver project on my "Gun Wishlist" google spreadsheet...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Nill seems to be the prime mover behind certain parts of the firearms world embracing the "tennis ball duct taped to the middle of the grip" shape concept. I'm not really a fan.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Nill seems to be the prime mover behind certain parts of the firearms world embracing the "tennis ball duct taped to the middle of the grip" shape concept. I'm not really a fan.
    The beauty of revolvers......you can find stuff to perfectly tailor a grip to your likes. I LOVE the Nills.....others don't. By the same token, not a fan of Jordan style grips. Which is what makes the grip thing a tough call for recommendations.

I agree 100% with the whole post. I have mine on a 3" 66, which is the perfect size balance. They may make more of a boot grip, but those will be great shooters.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have never been one to name my firearms, but given the title of this thread, I think Lazarus would be an appropriate name.

User Tag List