Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a couple new revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    With a heavy barrel, I'd go M-65 (357 Magnum) with a bobbed hammer and a round butt, which would be perfect for AIWB.
    Okie John
    Those are easy enough to find. Still thinking the standard​barrel might be the ticket though.

Site Supporter
    I don’t think Smith made a RB standard barreled M64.
    There is a fellow on the Smith-Wesson forum who put a standard M64 barrel on a 64 RB frame. This is a possibility if the barrel can be gotten. RB 64s are fairly plentiful in comparison. The 64 standards were only made in the early ‘70s for just a few years. My work had four of them on the books when I started but gradually left the agency as people retired and bought them for $1 as Virginia law allows.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The only standard m64 guns I'm finding are square butts. Is it possible to do a little file work to match the round butt profile?
    It’s possible. Somebody did that and posted the process and photos a year or two ago. The biggest concern, IIRC, is making sure that the serial number will be undamaged to avoid committing a federal no-no.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I think this might be a good candidate for number one.
    Attachment 27887

A 4” Model 12 Airweight with the steel cylinder. If corrosion is an issue, Robar is your friend. Available with RB or SB, as you wish.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I just checked what people want for a 3" M65. Thanks are due to somebody, likely our Enabler in Chief Stephanie, for pointing out a deal sometime in the last couple years.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I just checked what people want for a 3" M65. Thanks are due to somebody, likely our Enabler in Chief Stephanie, for pointing out a deal sometime in the last couple years.
    Not just me, but now I have to update my profile.

Truth be told, since I shoot +P through mine, I don’t feel much difference between a 3 inch and 4 inch round butt.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I converted an older S&W 13-1 a few years ago. I did it because I didnt know it could not be done. I used my round butt pachmayer grip and a sharpie to outline where it needed to be modified. I then slow removed metal until I reached the sharpie line. The gun was not a show piece. I found some round but grips would fit but some would not. However I only wanted that one set and it worked great.

Thank you!

User Tag List