Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Langdon M9

There's an obvious tolerance problem going on there. I suspect Beretta will either repair and refinish this one, or send you a replacement.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Good luck. How they handle this will say something to the rest of us about Beretta customer service. My only encounter with it was good, and I hope yours will be as well.

Beretta is sending a call tag.

She’s in a box waiting for UPS. I’ll keep you guys updated

My experience with Beretta USA customer service is that Beretta USA understands that bad customer service costs them a lot more in the aggregate. I have been pleasantly surprised with how far Beretta USA goes to make things better than right.

Mind you this gun started failing pretty early on. This is what I received with my gun today. The check up service they provided me with never got past “Awaiting Inspection “ so receiving it today was a surprise. The summation they gave was pretty damn disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Mind you this gun started failing pretty early on. This is what I received with my gun today. The check up service they provided me with never got past “Awaiting Inspection “ so receiving it today was a surprise. The summation they gave was pretty damn disappointing.

That is a very disappointing response from Beretta.
    The “they all do that” part about the barrel wear is BS. I’ve never seen wear that significant, even on 92s with thousands of
    rounds through them.

And it didn’t seem to even address the FTE and FTF malfunctions you were describing. 30 rounds doesn’t tell much.

For perspective, how many total rounds do you have through it now, and how many since it was last cleaned before you sent it in? I’m wondering what they considered “very dirty.”
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 08-27-2018 at 06:26 PM.

837 total. Maybe 300-400.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    837 total. Maybe 300-400.

Okay, then I call BS on the “very dirty” part, too.

FWIW, in my experience, lack of lube induces failure to go into battery more than the malfunctions that you were describing.

That said, lube the snot out of it and try shooting it some more. I use a light grease on the rails, and also run a little oil on them as well. (Unlike Glocks, HKs, etc, Berettas need to be run wet)

Since none of us can see your gun, maybe your idea of “a lot” of lube is less than what others usually use.

Not saying you’re doing this wrong, just trying to help figure out how to get this gun running reliable for you.
    And the barrel wear, while disappointing, is largely cosmetic, and I don’t think would indicate anything going on that would cause the other issues.

That does seem disappointing. The chamber polishing may in fact solve your FTE and FTF issues, but they certainly didn't prove anything with a 30 round test. I'm sure your MRBS number was better than 30 prior to sending it in.

As far as the barrel wear... I'm no Beretta expert, but I've never seen one with asymmetrical wear quite that bad. My Wilson BT didn't wear to one side at all, so they most certainly do not all do that, let alone to that degree. Pretty lame excuse, IMO, and not one I would expect from Beretta. Sig would at least tell you there's a voluntary upgrade available for that.

User Tag List