Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Langdon M9

Vending Machine Operator
    My Berettas are fine with AE, but I will say I don't use Blazer, at all. I know it's a popular practice ammo but in my time shooting I've seen more issues with it than any other kind of ammo other than Wolf steel case. Whatever your gun didn't like about Blazer might have carried over to the AE.

You also noted this is your first Beretta, and while you probably already know this, Berettas really like lubrication. I use a layer of TW-25B grease. If your Beretta is too dry this can make it cough a bit.

Troubleshoot ammo and your cleaning/lubrication a bit before getting bummed, once a 92 gets into a good groove it's supremely reliable.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I’m not so bummed. I pretty much figured it was ammo. I didn’t know about the lube but I do now. I’ll finish this 2k rds and not buy it again.

I've never really found the 92 series to be very picky at all about ammo. I've used American Eagle, Blazer Brass, Remington UMC, a metric ton of Winchester White box, and I can't even guess how many handloads without consulting my notes.

Oil the rails up with a decent oil, Mobil 1 worked great for me. Oil the locking block. Oil the rails on the underside of the barrel. Oil the recoil spring guide rod. I really really don't like grease on a 92, but I have used it successfully.

After you get her lubed up good, shoot it some more. If the problem persists with more ammo types, a trip back to Beretta is probably in order.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-08-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Blazer ammo has a habit of jacket separation. I witnessed it from multiple shooters last year at an LTT class.

I was recently shooting the final few boxes I have and started seeing the same thing.

Did any of it look like this Blazer Brass .45? https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...the-box.50749/

I don’t believe so. I’ll check some other boxes from that case tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    My 92A1 does not like AE that much.
    Care to elaborate? I have a case of AE 124's set aside for a class coming up and was planning on running my 92a1 (or M9a3)

I checked a few boxes. The blazer doesn’t look beat up and old like what was shown in that link above. It does appear to have a dull finish to it, possibly plating. My AE 124gr looks clean and shiny and not plated.

Maybe the plating is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    What are you guys running successfully? What is a good practice ammo m9s like?
    I generally buy the cheapest brass case ammo offered by SGAmmo (currently Fiocchi at $173 per case) but I don't buy Blazer because I've had too many problems with it across too many platforms.

One thing on M9's. Like all semi-auto's their extractors can be a weak spot and they can get very small chips on their claws that can affect extraction. Keep a spare and a spare extractor spring. It would not shock me if your extractor has a tiny flaw that allows it to handle most but not all ammo.

These probably will not help as lighting sucks and it’s probably better to just take it out but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List