Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Langdon M9

Sounds good. If you have some dummy/inert cartridges, might want to cycle them through, and then do a live fire with the various cartridges you're likely to use ASAP.

Best, Jon

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Wilson extra power spring and new extractor installed. Original extractor seemed to be missing some meat. The claw definitely looks ground down already. Praying that’s the problem.
    Any updates?

No. Sorry. I’ve had a busy week. Going to try to get to the range early next week. The wait is killing me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by newyork; 07-26-2018 at 03:38 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If you continue to have the problem, keep the cases that don't come out. Keep a handful of cases that run. Keep the groups separate. Then inspect the witness marks left on the case by the extractor, groove geometry, etc.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I was thinking if the new extractor, spring and recoil spring don’t work, Beretta should look at it. I’m not smart enough lol. I have faith it’ll work.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I was thinking if the new extractor, spring and recoil spring don’t work, Beretta should look at it. I’m not smart enough lol. I have faith it’ll work.
    It's a pretty good--but not certain--bet that it will work (so long as you thoroughly cleaned the whole extractor area before you installed the new one). Good luck.

Finally went back today. Recoil and extractor spring changed. Extractor changed. Cleaned extractor channel.

Fired 100rds AE 124. All good.

Fired 96 124 Blazer. In anticipation of 97 I get the same failure. Case looks normal.

Fire 100 AE and about 25rds in I get a FTF.

300 rounds. 2 different brands. 2 failures (one of the same and one new kind).

837rds fired. 7 failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Hammertime
    That sucks. Sorry. Back to Beretta. Are you using the mags that came with it and what sort are they (17 or 15 round)?

Using 11 10rd Mecgar mags. I’m in NY and not Leo.
    Last edited by newyork; 08-10-2018 at 08:15 PM.

User Tag List