Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta Langdon M9

Beretta Langdon M9 Range visit

Took the M9 to the Range for the first time yesterday. First Beretta and first time shooting DASA in a long time. The other times were just plinking. I’ve been trying to practice the DA in dry fire 4 days a week before my session.

I love the way this gun shoots and I was starting to be more consistent with the DA pull. For once I found a gun I don’t ride the slide stop on and I’m kind of in love.

I fired 150rds of 124gr Blazer Brass
    100rds AE 124gr
    100rds Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p

Fired 50rds of Gold Dot first. All good. Then 50rds AE. All good. Then Blazer. I had 2 rds that failed to extract. I also noticed that little metal fragments were in my target when shooting Blazer. Like metal shavings.

Cleaned bbl. went back to Gold Dot and all was right. Fired another 100 Blazer and had one more failure to extract and lots of metal shavings on the target and in the bbl too. Noticed one in the extractor that went away. Cleaned bbl and thought well at least it’s only with Blazer even though I just bought 2k rds of it. Ugh.

Thought I’d finish the day positive and shoot the last 50 AE. 2nd to last mag had a failure to fully eject.

I have no pics of the failures to extract but I have pics of the shavings on target and the AE failure to eject. The other ammo did not shoot metal shavings. Only Blazer.

Sucks because I haven’t been so excited about a gun in a long time. Not even my Garthwaite Colt. That and I don’t get to shoot much so I’d like to make her run.

Despite the issues I’m confident the gun is fine and I really love the handling and characteristics of the M9. Shoots so nice. Once the DA is done right it’s so easy to shoot decent for a slouch like me.

I’m thinking this issue is all about the Blazer ammo.

Thoughts?

AE failure

The gun
    Last edited by newyork; 07-08-2018 at 08:33 AM.

I have found a tuned beretta is just as fun to shoot as my tuned 1911s. Good Shooting
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 07-08-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Nothing to brag about. It’s only 3 yards. Single shots of DA only. Starting from an OWB holster. 5 secs X5, 4sX5, 3sx5, 2s,1.8,1.6,1.3s. Group started opening at 1.6 and then the miss at 1.3.

I suspect two possibilities with your issues; 1) Underpowered ammunition, and 2) Lack of lubrication. Beretta 92s need to be run wet, especially on the slide/receiver rails. A pervasive lubricant, or frequent re-lubrication works best. FWIW, I currently use Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2 grease on mine, which has worked quite well, even with Federal Champion ammunition, which is a tad on the light side (I've encountered 1 failure to extract with it in the past, but that was with a weak-hand only shot, which combined with the relatively lightly charged cartridge wasn't a great combination).

I'd try re-lubing first, and if problems persist with the Blazer, switch to something like American Eagle which has more "oomph."

Best, Jon

I've lost track of all the new Beretta 92/M9 models available, but does this model have the dished (relieved) backstrap?

I’ll order that lube tonight. Thanks Jon! I do admit it wasn’t very wet at all in the first two failures. Then I lubed. I thought maybe the chamber got jammed up with whatever was coming off the blazer ammo. No case bulging btw.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I've lost track of all the new Beretta 92/M9 models available, but does this model have the dished (relieved) backstrap?
    I don’t believe so. Just LTT grips. Locking block. Black rear sight. Orange front. D main spring. G configuration.
    Last edited by newyork; 07-08-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks.

My 92A1 does not like AE that much.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

What are you guys running successfully? What is a good practice ammo m9s like?

User Tag List