Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Emergency room violence

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Only thing worse than Navy Medical I've been told..... is Army Medical.
    When I was 6, we lived in Okinawa. Managed to break my leg on monkey bars, and was carted off to an Army Hospital. Dr. put a cast on it,and my Mom picked me up. Went back in a couple of days for a checkup, and the conversation was something like this:

Dr.: Who set this?
    Mom: You did.
    Dr.: Was I drunk?
    Mom: I don't think so.
    Dr.: We'll cut the cast off and re-break it.
    Dr. to Me: Do you want a shot?
    Me: No!

Dr. grabbed my foot and twisted. fortunately, I don't remember the pain but it wasn't fun. My foot still is slightly off.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Emergency room violence

Not too make super light of this - but I can see why...I just saw the claim amount filed to my insurance for four stitches, a tetanus shot, and a six hour wait to get sewn up was nearly $3800. That's $633 an hour in costs.

I went into the wrong damn line of work.

I can't wait to see how much of this I'm on the hook for.
    I had to get 4 stitches and a tetanus shot last week. I went to one of the Doc in the Boxes, so I'm curious to see what the total bill will be. I just checked my insurance and the bill from the nurse practitioner that did the stitches is listed, but not from Urgent Care. For the FNP to evaluate my hand and do the sutures she billed $547.00. She spent approx. 30-40 minutes in the room with the evaluation, describing my options and treatment.

It will be interesting to see what the Urgent Care is going to charge for the visit and tetanus shot. I'll have to update this once all the bills have been posted to see the cost difference between an ER vs Urgent Care visit for the same issue.
    Last edited by eaglefrq; 08-26-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

For those of you sitting in a California emergency department waiting room with chest pain or appendicitis, rest assured that your care is being delayed as the doctors and nurses perform God’s work...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sac...219683635.html

Beginning in July, hospitals must document in writing that shelters have beds for homeless patients before sending them to the facilities. Hospitals also must offer homeless patients a meal, appropriate clothing, medications and transportation upon discharge.
    That’s right, the emergency department must now make sure that homeless people have a shelter among other things before they are discharged. Since there are far more homeless than shelter beds in cities like LA, that means they will sit in their ED bed eating turkey sandwiches for days at a time while hospitals wait for a shelter bed - just like psych patients wait for their hospital bed. And, since ED beds are a zero sum game, that means you will have to sit in the waiting room with your appendicitis while we get some more mayo for that turkey sandwich.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    When I was 6, we lived in Okinawa. Managed to break my leg on monkey bars, and was carted off to an Army Hospital. Dr. put a cast on it,and my Mom picked me up. Went back in a couple of days for a checkup, and the conversation was something like this:

Dr.: Who set this?
    Mom: You did.
    Dr.: Was I drunk?
    Mom: I don't think so.
    Dr.: We'll cut the cast off and re-break it.
    Dr. to Me: Do you want a shot?
    Me: No!

Dr. grabbed my foot and twisted. fortunately, I don't remember the pain but it wasn't fun. My foot still is slightly off.
    You have no idea how much I just cringed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait until you have to deal with mental health stuff. Take your kid to a counselor every week and pay your copay and deductible , then a psychiatrist every month and pay your copay and deductible. Then he gets out of control at school so they say take him to the children's hospital ED where they keep him overnight until he's stable and send him home and send you a bill. Then you go to the weekly counselor and the monthly psychiatrist until the next trip to the ED and another bill. Repeat until you run out of $.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Wait until you have to deal with mental health stuff. Take your kid to a counselor every week and pay your copay and deductible , then a psychiatrist every month and pay your copay and deductible. Then he gets out of control at school so they say take him to the children's hospital ED where they keep him overnight until he's stable and send him home and send you a bill. Then you go to the weekly counselor and the monthly psychiatrist until the next trip to the ED and another bill. Repeat until you run out of $.
    I'd homeschool my kid before putting up with that shit.

We tried that one too. Then the problems started happening at home. Now we have broke tv's walls with holes in them, dented appliances in the kitchen, broken windows, etc.

We tried that one too. Then the problems started happening at home. Now we have broke tv's walls with holes in them, dented appliances in the kitchen, broken windows, etc.
    My heart goes out to you and your family then. I thank God for my problems.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-28-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    I find it regrettable that moral panics and political correctness have reduced the options available to parents in response to such behavior.
    My parents rarely implemented old-school punishments, but I tested those boundaries enough as a child to know that was 'on the table' if I started some shit like that.

My sister is a 6th grade teacher and she tells me about problem students like this every time we speak. Some of their home situations are heartbreaking, too.

I sincerely wish you and your family the best, Eugene. It takes a hell of a human being to maintain love and self-control in a situation like that.

And then the ACA snuck in a bunch of new 'rights' for those with mental health diagnosis. You can't send your kid to his room and stand them in a corner anymore because it violates their rights.
    And they wonder why there is so many more people with mental health issues, its because the first one diagnosed has more rights so they can abuse their parents and siblings until those parents and siblings develop mental health issues. And of course the papers they give me every time shaming me for being a gun owner.

And the newest thing with our children's hospital is even if you negotiate a payment plan they will still send you to collections for the term of that payment plan.

User Tag List