Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Belt for wear under duty belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Keep in mind dinosaur from the era of keepers, but I always used rappel belts with the rings. Figured if we ever had a kid in the water (always had wash rescues in storms) or some other event where I needed to get dragged or need to drag or secure something, I could use the hook and a carabiner. Also, we had helo’s so a hook in ability was good if we had to get picked up to either shoot from the bird or be moved. Did helo deployments in training, but never needed it for real.
    I used my Wilderness belt with a caribiner for skid riding on the helicopter. We had a harness hooked in the rear of the bird we clipped into with the quick release hook from the harness holding the carabiner. I still wear the Wilderness belt just in case. I’d love to do skid riding again.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I apologize for the slight thread drift but every time I see this thread title I think to myself "what kind of duty belt would I wear in my underwear?"

On topic, I second the Volund Gearworks G hook liner belt.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    This under belt shit sucks. I hadn't been wearing my Taser for the last 6 months because of where it rode on my belt. Moved it and my OC this morning and that works out for the better...but underbelts suck.

I'm wearing a Dutyman 1 1/2 inch hook & loop tip underbelt. http://www.dutyman.com/product_detai...=65&item_id=19

Hopefully it will get better. I'm going to wear this belt for awhile to see how it breaks in and wears. If it doesn't wear well I'm going with a Graith to give it a try.
    One week in and I'm liking the dutyman underbelt. I have moved my Taser into the 12:30-1:00 position and canted it to the left for weak arm draws. I initially didn't cant it enough and put a huge bruise on my thigh...learning curve.

Volund liner belt for me. Works great with Bianchi Accumold duty belt.

For several years now, I have used a 1.75" instructors belt (mine is 5.11) with a 2" Patroltek nylon duty belt and 6x UM 2" synthetic keepers. I found that using a keeper on either side of the holster, and one on either side of the 6 o'clock belt loop, keeps the holster rock solid and gear off my spine.

I recently changed out the buckle to one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ..Which was the only cobra buckle that I was able to find for a 2" belt. The belt was a snug fit, but works very well.

I just saw this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/AustriAlpin-C...+buckle+2+inch
    ..which ought to be better, provided that you can squeeze the belt ends into it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List