Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Enabling

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I like a gun I can beat a motherfucker to death with.
    Absolutely true...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I like a gun I can beat a motherfucker to death with.
    ‘Zat you, Darryl?

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    What is the significance of the M? I have about the same 686. I think it even had those grips when I got it. The fit of the rear sight always bothered me, I thought it may have been an incorrect one added on, yours looks the same though.
    Smith modified the earlier versions of the L frame guns. There was a problem with the hammer noses either being too short or too long. The L frames were popular private purchase duty guns at my place and several of them had to go to Southern Police Supply here in Richmond to see the resident S&W armorer, Mr Bob Bara, a retired S&W employee. He would switch the hammer nose and fire six .38 rounds in the back of the store building to ensure it worked. He would apply the “M” stamp at that point.
    *Did not see Stephanie’s attachment which explains this in greater detail.*
    Last edited by deputyG23; 07-05-2018 at 09:08 PM.

I still really want the 8 shot .357 Redhawk. They’ve been out a couple of years now, presumably without issue, so it’s getting high time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first 686 worked just fine before and after the hammer modification.

Stephanie, find some period correct Rogers grips and you'll be '80's cool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The redhawk and/or N- frame it is.
    Redhawk. Using an N-frame for high power beatings will wear it out prematurely.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Redhawk. Using an N-frame for high power beatings will wear it out prematurely.

Chris
    Why would you use an N-frame or Redhawk to beat a High Power? Why not just use a hammer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Why would you use an N-frame or Redhawk to beat a High Power? Why not just use a hammer?
    Redhawks are tougher than hammers.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Old people like old things...
    A long time back, I landed (Stinson 108-2) at Craig Field in Jacksonville, en route Sun n' Fun. I went into the office to arrange for an overnight tiedown and refueling. When I came out, there were two pilots from a Gulfstream standing by the open left-side door, looking in. The older guy was telling the younger one that "you might think you're a shit-hot pilot, but real pilots fly these."

I came up to them and said "hey". Then I asked the older guy what he meant. He told me that one really doesn't fly a bizjet, one manages its systems.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A long time back, I landed (Stinson 108-2) at Craig Field in Jacksonville, en route Sun n' Fun. I went into the office to arrange for an overnight tiedown and refueling. When I came out, there were two pilots from a Gulfstream standing by the open left-side door, looking in. The older guy was telling the younger one that "you might think you're a shit-hot pilot, but real pilots fly these."

I came up to them and said "hey". Then I asked the older guy what he meant. He told me that one really doesn't fly a bizjet, one manages its systems.
    Not a pilot, never heard of that plane. Just looked it up. That’s pretty!

User Tag List