Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Enabling

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Self-Enabling

686-1:

That fills the L-frame hole for me. And, model numbers be damned, that gives me a Combat Masterpiece, a Combat Magnum and a Distinguished Combat Magnum.

(It has a “M” stamp, too.)

It’s too damn hot right now to go shoot it.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-05-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’m one of the few who hasn’t (yet) experienced the irrevocable draw of revolvers. Please don’t hate.

Tell a revolver n00b: What is it that makes them so appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I’m one of the few who hasn’t (yet) experienced the irrevocable draw of revolvers. Please don’t hate.

Uh, you like Billy Jack? And you ain’t got a wheel gun to go with your lever gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Sherman A. House DDS;759196]Uh, you like Billy Jack? And you ain’t got a wheel gun to go with your lever gun?[/QUOTE

Nice pull.

They’re just more fun to shoot. More bits to fiddle with, more buttons/releases to push, more bang if you have a magnum. Long double action triggers are more challenging. They’re great.

[QUOTE=ubervic;759202]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Uh, you like Billy Jack? And you ain’t got a wheel gun to go with your lever gun?[/QUOTE

Nice pull.
    There’s just a certain balance that a good revolver has that few autos can replicate. And since the ammo is midship and not in such a volume that it is particularly heavy, the guns are fun to handle.

And for some of us, revolvers just seem vastly easier to shoot really well compared to automatics. It seems to take a LOT of work for me to shoot any automatics just passably well compared to revolver shooting. Revolvers seem to require little maintenance to remain passably useable if not a bit better. This is mainly larger than J frames I'm referring to.

Shot the Smith 19 a couple cylinders with 158 gr magnums to confirm sight adjustment. First time in maybe 6 years Ive shot it? Nice 2" 20 yard group once adjusted. Ive never shot the G-19 that well regardless of how much I was shooting it. The Colt National Match, yes, but not as consistently well overall.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-05-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    686-1:

That fills the L-frame hole for me. And, model numbers be damned, that gives me a Combat Masterpiece, a Combat Magnum and a Distinguished Combat Magnum.

(It has a “M” stamp, too.)

It’s too damn hot right now to go shoot it.
    What is the significance of the M? I have about the same 686. I think it even had those grips when I got it. The fit of the rear sight always bothered me, I thought it may have been an incorrect one added on, yours looks the same though.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Some of us seem to be able to shoot DA triggers with greater consistent accuracy than SA. Because we are weird, or suck in a way that we haven't figured out yet. So revolvers with really nice DA triggers have certain charms.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post

In no particular order:

Versatility, especially if you reload. You can use a wide variety of bullet profiles and load up or down easily since there's no slide to cycle, no feed ramp to get hung up on, and no ejection issues to be concerned with.

"Made to order" fit. With no need to have a magazine somewhere in the middle of your fist, you can get a grip that's literally made for your hand and in any size and most any shape you want.

Cosmetic/historical appeal. A 1911, but more so.

Simplicity to operate. There's not much in the way of malfunction drills, you can't limp wrist it, it never throws brass at you, it doesn't "hide" any cartridges so noobs don't reverse clearing steps and shoot themselves, etc.

Because reasons.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List