Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: CBP New Pistol Solicitation - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Any word on what was submitted? Or are the tests that closed door?
    Unfortunately, the government cannot release the submissions or test info. Those are restricted per the Federal Acquisitions Regulations.

If a manufacturer wanted to tell that they submitted, they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    My sincerest apologies.

Yeah, I'd like to know more. I find this stuff interesting.

Also, if a new gun was chosen today, what do you think the turnaround time would be for total replacement? Would that be measured in months, or years?

The original plan was for a 3 year transition, beginning in late FY 19. A majority of the transition was planned to occur in the first 2 years. But, with the continuing shutdown, many deadlines are not being met. So, its anyone's guess at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh0c@res View Post
    The original plan was for a 3 year transition, beginning in late FY 19. A majority of the transition was planned to occur in the first 2 years. But, with the continuing shutdown, many deadlines are not being met. So, its anyone's guess at this point.
    I’ll keep practicing with my dad’s USP40 Compact LEM...

We should be getting close to having a winner. Representatives from Harper's Ferry have conducted some "field evaluations" at various locations around the country in order to compile data and gather feedback on the trial handguns. Participants have signed NDAs so no word on what pistols were part of the evals.

Every Station recently sent some personnel to be involved in the testing of the final entrants and voted on what they preferred...if the rumor mill is correct there may be some very good things coming out of this for us (other than just a new issued sidearm). None of the finalist are bad choices.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Every Station recently sent some personnel to be involved in the testing of the final entrants and voted on what they preferred...if the rumor mill is correct there may be some very good things coming out of this for us (other than just a new issued sidearm). None of the finalist are bad choices.
    I’m guessing we can’t even get a tiny tiny hint? Lol

Hope it all goes well for CBP.

Can’t wait to see the results... mainly because I’m still wondering where the P320 fits in, and if Glock beat it. [emoji23]

Once they announce the winners, is that knowledge public, or does it have to wait for someone to sign off before people find out?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m guessing we can’t even get a tiny tiny hint?
    The pistol will be striker fired and chambered in 9mm.

[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

.......And RDS capable.

I’m looking forward to seeing the final results, especially if it led to new designs being submitted by some of the bigger players.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List