Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any cigar smokers?

Any cigar smokers?

Searched and didn't find a cigar topic. Please let me know if I missed it. Happy fourth to all!

Much less so now than in the past, but I still enjoy one with a neighbor and shooting buddy. He usually supplies the beer and I bring up a couple of cigars as we sit on my porch and enjoy some tunes and conversation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    For a while I was smoking about 6-8 a week. Now it's more like 1-2, but I do enjoy them. I would pair them with either Diet Coke or Coke Zero depending on the particular cigar. At some point I should write a book on how to pair cigars with diet soda.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 07-04-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Padron 1964 Exclusivo natural and highland single malt scotch. That's as good as it gets, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    For a while I was smoking about 6-8 a week. Now it's more like 1-2, but I do enjoy them. I would pair them with either Diet Coke or Coke Zero depending on the particular cigar. At some point I should write a book on how to pair cigars with diet soda.
    You, sir, are a barbarian. I love ya, but it doesn't change the facts.

ETA:

I enjoy different sticks but cut my teeth on Fuente 8-5-8's and a variety of cigars by "Pepin" and Padilla among others.

Every Friday afternoon, if work permitted, I'd hit Calle Ocho in Miami with a Cuban-American detective assigned to the Miami P.D. bomb squad and we'd stop at a variety of factories and tobacconists to see what looked good.

One of our favorite places was run by the father-in-law of singer Jon Secada. (I have a funny story about that place.)
    Last edited by blues; 07-04-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    Padron 1964 Exclusivo natural and highland single malt scotch. That's as good as it gets, at least for me.
    I prefer the 1926, but you can't go wrong with a padron!

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_20180704_183535.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  20.3 KB
    Cohiba Cubano.
    Weller Sr.

Nothing more American than Kentucky spirits and a commie cigar.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You, sir, are a barbarian. I love ya, but it doesn't change the facts.

ETA:

I enjoy different sticks but cut my teeth on Fuente 8-5-8's and a variety of cigars by "Pepin" and Padilla among others.

Every Friday afternoon, if work permitted, I'd hit Calle Ocho in Miami with a Cuban-American detective assigned to the Miami P.D. bomb squad and we'd stop at a variety of factories and tobacconists to see what looked good.

One of our favorite places was run by the father-in-law of singer Jon Secada. (I have a funny story about that place.)
    Truth is truth. Sadly I am devoid of barbarian women.

With the sweater, creamy, chocolaty cigars, I prefer diet coke. With a good leathery cigar, it's Coke Zero time.

I don't drink alcohol so I have to improvise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Name:  IMG_20180704_183535.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  20.3 KB
    Cohiba Cubano.
    Weller Sr.

Nothing more American than Kentucky spirits and a commie cigar.
    I've place my own personal embargo against commie cigars, but I have a friend who loves them. I am a Nicaraguan guy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I've place my own personal embargo against commie cigars, but I have a friend who loves them. I am a Nicaraguan guy myself.
    I'd have pegged you for Swisher Sweets!

User Tag List