Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any cigar smokers?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    We need to have some cigars on Saturday after dinner this fall during the HiTS Revolver Roundup.
    Dammit Man... I cannot make this years Roundup but will be there ( class and ceegar party after ) in spirit... Darryl will be upset the Okies are not coming to town.. he always likes the funky weather we tend to bring with us.
    Johnny Walker

Cigars and Glocks

Gentlemen

I have been enjoying good Cigars and Fine Bourbon or Scotch for a loooong time...

Today I went out and nabbed this sampler of Perdomo's since I have been hearing good things from friends in the area about Perdomo's. My G31 is my daily carry of late....

Name:  Cigars and G31.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  42.8 KB
    Johnny Walker

Experienced a couple "firsts" the other night-

A Cuban Romeo y Julieta aged six years, paired with a Kentucky bourbon aged at sea. All together a fantastic evening!

Name:  imagejpeg_0(2).jpg
Views: 265
Size:  23.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    ..... paired with a Kentucky bourbon aged at sea. All together a fantastic evening!

Name:  imagejpeg_0(2).jpg
Views: 265
Size:  23.7 KB
    Jefferson Ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Jefferson Ocean?
    Yes! Have you had it?

To my simplified palate, the initial taste reminded me of an Islay, with a very smooth finish.

My personal favorites are Most things Drew estate (except Acid/natural). I have a special place in my heart for the Ratzilla which I have only ever smoked one a couple years ago before it was actually released. With that said my two favorites of all time are a good ole Liga 9 toro and a arturo fuente anejo lancero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    Yes! Have you had it?

To my simplified palate, the initial taste reminded me of an Islay, with a very smooth finish.
    Yes. Yes, I have.

Name:  IMG_20180707_121518.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  25.7 KB

I have had Voyages 10 and 12, and just grabbed a 14. The 14 in cask strength is my favorite. It does make me very curious about the old British naval casks of rum on long sea voyages.

I paired this bottle with a Drew Estates Liga Privada T53, and a Fuente Hemingway Short Story, and both were excellent. A Madura wrapper does tend to overpower it in my very humble opinion, but a Connecticut Shade wrapper is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ob1sbo View Post
    My personal favorites are Most things Drew estate (except Acid/natural). I have a special place in my heart for the Ratzilla which I have only ever smoked one a couple years ago before it was actually released. With that said my two favorites of all time are a good ole Liga 9 toro and a arturo fuente anejo lancero

I agree on the ratzilla. If you haven't tried a velvet rat, those are probably my favorite DE. Or maybe a uf-13. If the mess in Nicaragua ever gets worked out, cigar safari is a great trip. All you can eat / drink / smoke for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    I agree on the ratzilla. If you haven't tried a velvet rat, those are probably my favorite DE. Or maybe a uf-13. If the mess in Nicaragua ever gets worked out, cigar safari is a great trip. All you can eat / drink / smoke for three days.
    I did something like that with Rocky Patel a few years ago. It was Nicaragua and Honduras.

La Aurora was the last cigar that I had a few weeks ago. Got it from a wonderful fellow at the Dean Martin Festival, were I did a stage show.
    I am not big on Bourbon ...so I partook of some Johnny Walker Red off to the side. Nice paring.
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

User Tag List