Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VZ k frame grips

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Neither Hogue nor VZ make a K/L Frame G10 grip without finger grooves. My "trigger finger" (the medical condition not the index finger) has been acting up and it's painful to grip a revolver with finger grooves. I asked VZ if their square butt, no finger groove, grips would physically fit on my round butt 986. VZ didn't know. I ordered them anyway and they arrived just in time for a steel challenge match tonight. They fit very nicely and are tight on the gun. As expected, they extend past the frame as it curves in, but this is a plus since there's more surface area for your support hand. So, if you want G10 with no finger grooves on your K/L Frame, there is a good option.
    I've entertained the idea of using delrin or some other material to make a filler "plug" for that gap.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Tom emailed me this & said I could post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I've entertained the idea of using delrin or some other material to make a filler "plug" for that gap.
    I’m betting with proper surface prep that RTV would work just fine and be pretty easy to do.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd think about using epoxy. Lots of people like Devcon 11010 for bedding rifles. I used it to bed the front sight on my GP100 (there's a thread around here somewhere). I'd prep one of the grips to have it stick, and the other (and the frame, of course) to release it. Will have the same hardness as the G10, look kinda right (dark grey), and you can shape it by sanding, etc. to blend perfectly with the shape.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd think about using epoxy. Lots of people like Devcon 11010 for bedding rifles. I used it to bed the front sight on my GP100 (there's a thread around here somewhere). I'd prep one of the grips to have it stick, and the other (and the frame, of course) to release it. Will have the same hardness as the G10, look kinda right (dark grey), and you can shape it by sanding, etc. to blend perfectly with the shape.
    That's how I would do it.

Actually, I would grind the g10 down

Actually, I like them as is. The gap doesn’t interfere with function and the square butt provides important extra area for your support hand. I’d also point out that the grips are designed for right handers only not shaped to be ambidextrous.

User Tag List