Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VZ k frame grips

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    This, exactly. I have some for both K & N frame square butt guns. Recommended if you want thinner grips.
    Do you know how they compare size wise to the precision specialty grips? The PS are great for carry, clothing just slide right off of them, BUT, as I discovered this weekend, so do sweaty hands.
    Just hoping to get a little more grip traction without sacrificing concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Do you know how they compare size wise to the precision specialty grips? The PS are great for carry, clothing just slide right off of them, BUT, as I discovered this weekend, so do sweaty hands.
    No experience with the Precision Specialty grips. The VZ can be had smooth or with checkering. I have the ones with checkering and they have plenty of traction.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Attachment 27720
    Attachment 27721
    Attachment 27722
    Attachment 27723

Man do they feel good. I can't wait to shoot this weekend.
    I’ve got a pair of these on my work bench. One day when I get the time I’m going to grind them down so the back is a RB profile. I had the VZ finger grove RB grips and didn’t like them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

What size dimensions are you looking for? I have a couple of pair of the PS grips in a drawer. I can take some comparison photos.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I’ve got a pair of these on my work bench. One day when I get the time I’m going to grind them down so the back is a RB profile. I had the VZ finger grove RB grips and didn’t like them.
    Can I ask what it was about the finger groove RB VZs that you didn’t like? I have a pair in my shopping cart for my 69 just waiting for the next sale.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can I ask what it was about the finger groove RB VZs that you didn’t like? I have a pair in my shopping cart for my 69 just waiting for the next sale.
    As a general rule I don’t like finger grooves. I’ve got smedium sized hands so fingergroves never seem to work out for me. In addition, I wanted more “meat” along the front of the stocks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

A couple photos. Mine are the PS RB grips.
    Name:  6405A412-EDB7-4689-926A-EDF95B5BE8AF.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  46.5 KB
    Name:  D690168A-01D9-496D-AC55-343D6916D32A.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  38.4 KB
    Last edited by Lon; 07-09-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    A couple photos. Mine are the PS RB grips.
    Name:  6405A412-EDB7-4689-926A-EDF95B5BE8AF.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  46.5 KB
    Name:  D690168A-01D9-496D-AC55-343D6916D32A.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  38.4 KB
    Ahh, that's exactly what I was looking for. Appears to add quite a bit of girth.
    I shoot a RB N frame with service grips and Bk grip adapter just fine, however anything else just seems too "girthy", and forces me to an h-grip.

Thank you for the comparison photo's.

Square butt VZ Grips fit on L Frame round butt

Neither Hogue nor VZ make a K/L Frame G10 grip without finger grooves. My "trigger finger" (the medical condition not the index finger) has been acting up and it's painful to grip a revolver with finger grooves. I asked VZ if their square butt, no finger groove, grips would physically fit on my round butt 986. VZ didn't know. I ordered them anyway and they arrived just in time for a steel challenge match tonight. They fit very nicely and are tight on the gun. As expected, they extend past the frame as it curves in, but this is a plus since there's more surface area for your support hand. So, if you want G10 with no finger grooves on your K/L Frame, there is a good option.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Neither Hogue nor VZ make a K/L Frame G10 grip without finger grooves. My "trigger finger" (the medical condition not the index finger) has been acting up and it's painful to grip a revolver with finger grooves. I asked VZ if their square butt, no finger groove, grips would physically fit on my round butt 986. VZ didn't know. I ordered them anyway and they arrived just in time for a steel challenge match tonight. They fit very nicely and are tight on the gun. As expected, they extend past the frame as it curves in, but this is a plus since there's more surface area for your support hand. So, if you want G10 with no finger grooves on your K/L Frame, there is a good option.
    Could you take a picture showing the back part?

User Tag List