Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Thai Students Trapped in Flooded Cave Found Alive

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

A member of the rescue team that saved 12 boys and their football coach from a flooded cave in Thailand last year has died from an infection he picked up during the operation, officials said.

Petty Officer Beirut Pakbara, a Thai Navy Seal, contracted a blood infection during the rescue at Tham Luang cave.

Beirut was under medical supervision but his condition worsened and he died on Friday, a statement said.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Hammertime
    Go watch this documentary now. Absolutely edge of the seat. Highest recommendation.

Trailer: https://www.disneyplus.com/video/721...2-bd49e28252a9

Movie:

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/the-rescue/6u1VV7RFRiRz

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Go watch this documentary now. Absolutely edge of the seat. Highest recommendation.

Trailer: https://www.disneyplus.com/video/721...2-bd49e28252a9

Movie:

https://www.disneyplus.com/movies/the-rescue/6u1VV7RFRiRz
    I saw it last month. Very good indeed.

There's a new movie about this incident called Thirteen Lives.

Absolutely outstanding. Emotional, great acting, great production value, and the technical attention to cave diving was phenomenal.

Highly recommend everyone check it out. Brought back a lot of memories. Made me break out my old helmet from my cave diving days and put it on display...

Name:  IMG_20220810_104132101.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  35.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Thanks for that. I'm not an experienced cave diver, more so on wrecks in South FL and other locales.

Was wondering if it merited a look, now I'll definitely check it out. (We'd already saved it to the watch list last night.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Absolutely outstanding. Emotional, great acting, great production value, and the technical attention to cave diving was phenomenal.

Highly recommend everyone check it out. Brought back a lot of memories. Made me break out my old helmet from my cave diving days and put it on display...

That movie has a heck of an act to follow with The Rescue documentary. Glad to hear it is good.

Watched Thirteen Lives last weekend. Great movie. I had no idea regarding the method they used to get those boys out of there. God bless 'em all.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Watched Thirteen Lives last weekend. Great movie. I had no idea regarding the method they used to get those boys out of there. God bless 'em all.
    That was crazy!

Yeah, that was time well spent. I'm pretty much in awe of the Herculean effort required.

Got a bit dusty in the room toward the end...so I may have missed a credit.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Cave diving is honestly probably the triangulation of three / four things that give me the willies.

1.) Being underwater in the dark.
    2.) Being in confined spaces.
    3.) Being in a cave (with or without water)
    4.) The thought of stirring up silt and running out of air in the corresponding cloud of silt.

Honestly, it reminds me of free solo’ing rock climbing. I have a lot of respect for you.

By and of itself when done with incredible thoroughness, thoughtfulness, etc. you can do it safely. However, unless someone’s life depended on it. I’m going to go ahead and say I’m good. I have enough excitement in my life that that one is probably not going to happen.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List