Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Thai Students Trapped in Flooded Cave Found Alive

As someone who has done some spelunking for professional reasons (lots of fossils in the bottom of dry caves). 'High functioning autists' describes perfectly 99% of the caving folks I've interacted with.

If you get stuck in a dry cave, piss yourself, urine is slippery like water (unless you haven't been drinking enough water...).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Has anyone here watched the new movie on this rescue (not talking about the excellent documentary)?
    I thought that’s what was being discussed. The movie was very good, but Viggo’s character was a downer. I’ll have to look at the documentary.

I regularly dive with a bunch of cave divers and none of them strike me as fitting that description except maybe one that's fairly introverted. Granted I don't interact with most of them away from diving or in the dive shop. Diving, especially tech diving, demands some modicum of discipline and consistency in habits (my wife says rituals) and if you want to ascribe that to autism I guess you could, but you could do that to an awful lot of people in an awful lot of activities. Or maybe everyone is kidding and I'm just too dense to get it because I'm an engineer?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Or maybe everyone is kidding and I'm just too dense to get it because I'm an engineer?
    Do you guys want to tell him or should I?

Even I saw that one coming...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Has anyone here watched the new movie on this rescue (not talking about the excellent documentary)?
    My wife was watching it. I watched the last part of it. It looked pretty good. I need to watch it all.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Hammertime
    I have now seen both the movie Thirteen Lives (Amazon Prime) and the documentary The Rescue (National Geographic/Disney), Both are excellent but I greatly prefer the documentary especially if you only have time for one.

We just watched the movie for Saturday movie night. Most excellent. I'll have to make time for the documentary. I read a really good book about it last summer and was surprised to learn about the ketamine. My wife said she remembered hearing they were sedated but I swear I don't remember having heard that at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    We just watched the movie for Saturday movie night. Most excellent. I'll have to make time for the documentary. I read a really good book about it last summer and was surprised to learn about the ketamine. My wife said she remembered hearing they were sedated but I swear I don't remember having heard that at the time.
    I watched it today also and really liked it. I’ll have to check the documentary out too.

User Tag List