Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Holster Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Galco got back to me after 2 months. Their only WML capable holster wont work with my particular choice. They have no plans at all to expand their catalog to include WML equipped pistols. As I drive mostly at night, being without a WML is a no-go. While the RCS Phantom I am using now isnt the most comfortable, it's what I have.
    Depending upon how much concealment you actually need, in the darkness, you may be able to find what you need in the Safariland system, if Safariland makes a WML-compatible holster body for your pistol/WML combo. I seem to recall a shoulder rig, for an ALS and/or SLS belt holster body. The Safariland maze is difficult to navigate, but there are so very many combinations.

Some customs makers, also, make various things combatible with the Safariland bold hole pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Depending upon how much concealment you actually need, in the darkness, you may be able to find what you need in the Safariland system, if Safariland makes a WML-compatible holster body for your pistol/WML combo. I seem to recall a shoulder rig, for an ALS and/or SLS belt holster body. The Safariland maze is difficult to navigate, but there are so very many combinations.

Some customs makers, also, make various things combatible with the Safariland bold hole pattern.
    Oh they do. The problem is their shoulder holster rig is atrocious. Its elastic on one side, and I guess vinyl on the strong side. It doesnt offer means of attaching extra mags or a handheld light. The reviews on Safariland's own website aren't, shall we say, inspiring. Neither is the design. If I could find a way to use Galco's MCHX and a Safariland holster, I'd be all in.

I'm gonna have to go back through this thread, I could swear someone mentioned a leathersmith that marries up a Safariland holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Oh they do. The problem is their shoulder holster rig is atrocious. Its elastic on one side, and I guess vinyl on the strong side. It doesnt offer means of attaching extra mags or a handheld light. The reviews on Safariland's own website aren't, shall we say, inspiring. Neither is the design. If I could find a way to use Galco's MCHX and a Safariland holster, I'd be all in.

I'm gonna have to go back through this thread, I could swear someone mentioned a leathersmith that marries up a Safariland holster.
    Check my post #41. He will make it with a traditional off-side if you don’t want two pistols. He used the Galco harness I asked him to.

Err, the above should have been typed “Some custom makers, also, make various things combatible with the Safariland bolt hole pattern.”

I just ordered a Jackass rig for my DW Guardian for a Boston - Beaumont, TX road trip next month and I’m looking forward to trying it out. The DW is my restricted-state LEOSA companion when I pass through NY, CT, Dirty Jersey, etc.

I have a Miami Classic set up for Glocks but want to give the butt-down/muzzle up orientation a shot. I did carry a G23 AIWB going from Boston - San Diego 6 years back, in a black Camaro SSII ...but that was about 15 lbs ago.

Best shoulder holster I have used.

Name:  6C7CA884-7A07-4279-9012-715CE5324496.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  69.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This is the Safariland holster I mentioned above in post 64. Mine is 7TS based, can those be had in WML versions? You’d have to remove the T nuts, but I think it would be easily accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Best shoulder holster I have used.

Name:  6C7CA884-7A07-4279-9012-715CE5324496.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  69.2 KB
    Which is whose, George??

Best, Jon

I ordered a Safariland ALS LH VP9 w/ X300U holster with plain, smooth finish. I figure if the shoulder holster doesnt work out, I have a good OWB for it. I will call Coffman Concealment tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Which is whose, George??

Best, Jon
    Survival Sheath Systems, but they are tough to do business with.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List