Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best battle rifle under 1800$

Any opinions on the SIG716?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Any opinions on the SIG716?
    Heavy, short rail with limited replacement options, some have reported accuracy issues.

For the $ I’d likely buy a SW or Armalite or kick up in price and buy a used LMT.

It's probably not perfectly aligned with what the OP was thinking, but the Benelli R1 in .30-06 might be interesting. Not a lot of data on how reliable it would be for "battle," but eventually George will buy one and carry it around AK for us. The ten-round mags make it look pregnant and are expensive, but it's probably pretty good overall. Maybe even grizzly-reliable. It's also not an "assault rifle" under any U.S.-based ban I've bothered to pay attention to so far.

On Mega Arms, it looks like JSE Surplus is carrying on the "Gator" forged receiver line as a private label. They had the best price when they were marked Mega, and they say their own-branded parts are now made by Mega. Having enough experience with business deals like that, it's fully believable. To me, the "Gator" was the way to go for a build-your-own. Nothing proprietary, just outstanding quality.
    -----------------------------------------
    Get out there. Read history. Take your kids to the range. - Kyle Lamb

I'll throw out an outlier for consideration: CZ 527 Carbine, in 7.62 x 39. Exceptionally accurate, extremely well made, very nice handling, 5 round steel detachable box magazine (relatively inexpensive at around $40). 7.62 x 39 is the ballistic equivalent of 30-30, and there are very credible cartridges available quite inexpensively (Wolf Polycoat 123 gr) and Hornady Black SST 123 gr for a higher grade hunting cartridge.

The antithesis of the Timmy Tactical approach...

Best, Jon

Some old AR 10 posts I found doing some research.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....10-Suggestions

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=Larue

I had an old SR25 many years ago. You guys are making me think I should get back into an AR 10.
    Last edited by DamonL; 07-21-2018 at 11:59 AM.

User Tag List