Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Use The Self Defense Ammunition Across The Board.

Banned
    SG Ammo sells Speer 124 Grain +P Gold Dotsfor less than regular. Ideally, my goal is 2 cases in the next year.

With 3 guns (2 Glock 19s & 1 26) that should last us 10 years if we change it out once a year.

If nothing else it will be cheaper to stock up in 2018 than 2028

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    SG Ammo sells Speer 124 Grain +P Gold Dotsfor less than regular. Ideally, my goal is 2 cases in the next year.

With 3 guns (2 Glock 19s & 1 26) that should last us 10 years if we change it out once a year.

If nothing else it will be cheaper to stock up in 2018 than 2028
    The Speer 124 grain +p GD is our issue load for personally owned Glock 17/17/26 and, despite testing 147 grain loads, we wil be sticking with it as we transition to issuing the P320 DHS Carry.

If I wasn’t getting the GD at work I’d be fine with any GD or HST load on Docs list.

If I was being picky I would pick which ever load on disc list hits closest to my preferred POA.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-01-2018 at 08:38 PM.

I'm sticking to HST 147 for defense, and 147 Lawman for practice.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Same carry ammo, applies to pistols and carbines. I won't keep a gun that isn't broad-spectrum reliable, so needs/function of a particular gun aren't a factor.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I primarily use 147 HST and 124+P Gold Dot. The deciding factor is POA/POI for a particular pistol. I’d use anything on the list that hits where I want it to.

Site Supporter
    I always buy 147gr HST standard pressure. If it ever becomes unavailable I will switch to another similar option from "the list" and get on with life.

For 9mm pistols of all sizes - 147-grain standard pressure HST for carry, Lawman or AE 147 for practice/competition.

For .45 pistols of all sizes - 230-grain standard pressure HST for carry, Lawman or AE 230-grain for practice.

For 9mm carbine - 115-grain Federal 9BPLE (+P+) for defensive use, whatever 115-grain FMJ is available cheap for practice/comp.

Although, I am very interested in the 150-grain Fed Syntech for practice and competition.

I check POA and POI together with reliability. HST is consistent enough that I run it across all my 9mm pistols and sub guns.

I buy ammo by the case. Everything gets Federal HST 147.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I buy ammo by the case. Everything gets Federal HST 147.
    Ditto.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List