Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Albuquerque RFI

Los Cuates was quite good -- flat stack ground beef con ojo with xmas on the side. Despite that, I didn't run into Jody's problem on the run this morning. Taking Tom's advice I just went out the door and, to keep from crossing an interstate, northeast. There was a very nice bike trail that ran up to a park and I got an easy five in, very pleased; the only drawback is that because I wasn't running West I didn't get to watch the balloons go up (there were bunches of them on that side of town). The bike trail was particularly nice because it was flat, so I made good time.

You know how you say 'on your left' in Burqueño? Neither does anyone else.

I am probably going to plow into a green chili cheeseburger at about three. It's been a very good visit and I appreciate the advice I've gotten.

Looks like my system is going to go to KAFB soon, so more than likely will be starting to go out to ABQ in the next 1-2 months. Initially briefly and then for a few weeks if not months at a time through the Spring. Guess this Florida Boy I will have to locate some cold-weather gear lol.

Will discuss our logistical plans more with The Boss after my initial survey trip, likely coming up late Sep or early to mid-Oct (we will try and avoid the balloon festival dates). We'd ideally like to get one of our cars out there, and we need to account for the mini-Schnauzer, who would come with.

I'm fairly familiar with the area, based on previous vacation trips, as well as work trips to KAFB in my corporate 1.0 life. I've shot a USPSA match at Shooting Range Park. Been to the Nuclear Museum, which is awesome. Also the tramway up Sandia Peak. Not from the back side; I think I'd like to do the drive up to see what that's like.

Any recommendations spouse-friendly indoor shooting ranges for putting holes in paper?

I was through there many times in the ‘90s and always made a stop at Black Angus.

Albuquerque RFI

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Calibers at 4340 Cutler Ave. NE
    Thanks Tom. In ATL about to board a flight to ABQ.

The Boss arrives Wed; we are staying through the weekend to look around for extended stay options.

Will check out Calibers, for sure. If they have a G34 in the rental case, I might give that a try. Interested in options for USPSA.

I brought a coat.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Site Supporter
    PM sent.

pat

Got done with work today and hit a pub on Central, "2 Fools Tavern".

www.2foolstavern.com

Good eats.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Will check out Calibers, for sure. If they have a G34 in the rental case, I might give that a try. Interested in options for USPSA.
    Well, I popped in yesterday. No G34 in the rental case, bummer. But the range looked very well laid out and nicely lit. Would definitely look into shooting here as/when opportunity arises.

www.2foolstavern.com

Good eats.
    Two Fools is one of our favorites! Great Irish menu.

Another one worth checking out is:

https://www.ajiacobistro.com/colombian-restaurant/

The dinner for two is a good sampler. Also really like the Lulo juice with water.

Can't talk reasons but I'd avoid Sadie's despite the multiple recommendations above.

Site Supporter

www.2foolstavern.com

Good eats.
    When they first opened, I went there with a group of friends. I ordered an 18 year old single malt Scotch 'neat' and was told they couldn't serve it neat 'because they don't serve shots'.

They rapidly changed that attitude, and I enjoyed it for years, then the jigger police went into all of their bottles and their selection narrowed and prices went way, way up and it stopped being good enough to bother with downtown.

The food is still pretty good, though.

I'd also heartily suggest Quarter Celtic or either of the O'Neills locations, or Horse & Angel up in the NE heights.

I miss home...

Necro re-visit. At the time of this thread (three years ago) y'all were having a rough time with property crime. I will be driving through on the way to Prescott in late April, and want to pick a hotel in a part of town that will have a lower chance of a smashed window. I will get up early to go to mass (probably in old town) and boogie, so crime value and distance from 40 are really the only considerations (and probably inversely proportional). Comments would be appreciated. I see hotels in Old Town, the airport, ALB north, and way east like Princess Jeane.

User Tag List