Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Albuquerque RFI

I'm playing my cards close to my vest -- what KTech decides they want for lunch tuesday determines what I have for dinner on Monday.

I do not think it's at all unreasonable that I'm planning my trip around food.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'm playing my cards close to my vest -- what KTech decides they want for lunch tuesday determines what I have for dinner on Monday.

I do not think it's at all unreasonable that I'm planning my trip around food.
    Same planning process I have for Chicago next month.

pat

I'm headed to Los Cuates (on Lomas). I'm staying at the intersection of 40 and 25.

I'd like to earn a breakfast burrito. Running in this area, particularly unarmed, seems dumb. Is there a good place to go run at 0530 where I won't get killed? Or should I stick to the treadmill.

I'm headed to Los Cuates (on Lomas). I'm staying at the intersection of 40 and 25.

I'd like to earn a breakfast burrito. Running in this area, particularly unarmed, seems dumb. Is there a good place to go run at 0530 where I won't get killed? Or should I stick to the treadmill.
    What side of the intersection? What hotel?

I hear there's a great alleyway near there where you can take your morning BM while jogging (it's a ABQ tradition I hear).

Last edited by JodyH; 07-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    What side of the intersection? What hotel?
    Fairfield, ne. I have no objection to driving half an hour to a good neighborhood, park, or trail.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I would not worry too much about running. You have to be aware everywhere in ABQ, but that area is not really one to worry about. It is just older and of lower social economic persuasion, but generally decent folk, closer to downtown and south of Zuni, closer to the base is more worrisome.

The three best places in your area would be Taqueria Mexico on Lomas, west of the freeway. It is more Mexican, than New Mexican but their Chicharron Breakfast Burrito will keep you full for the day and is awesome. That would be my first choice.
    http://www.taqueriamexicoabq.com/contact-us.htmlhttp://www.taqueriamexicoabq.com/contact-us.html

Golden Pride is also on Lomas but east of the freeway, just east of University. It is a local place. They also own Frontier Restaurant. Really good basic burros.

Twisters is on Menaul. It is a local chain, but has all the traditional new mexican fare, and you might recognize the decor from Breaking Bad. That was the chain they used as Pollos Hermonos.

Fairfield, ne. I have no objection to driving half an hour to a good neighborhood, park, or trail.

In that case no question head to the Bosque for a run. There are several trail accesses. Don't have to worry about traffic.

If you head east on Menaul, take a right on Rio Grande, then left on Candalaria until it ends there is good access to the river and trails.

I should warn you that Tom Jones lives near this area, so you know... Be careful of the element...
    Last edited by JFK; 07-16-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    In that case no question head to the Bosque for a run. There are several trail accesses. Don't have to worry about traffic.

If you head east on Menaul, take a right on Rio Grande, then left on Candalaria until it ends there is good access to the river and trails.

I should warn you that Tom Jones lives near this area, so you know... Be careful of the element...
    Quoted for like. Thanks, @JFK.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Good to know! I like the near nob hill areas.

User Tag List