Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Albuquerque RFI

I visited ABQ for a job interview, and remain impressed with the place. I'd love to return for the Hot Air Balloon festival, and hopefully 2022 will be year that could happen.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I appreciate the info in this thread. I'm going to start travel nursing after the holidays and Albuquerque is one of the places I may end up working.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I appreciate the info in this thread. I'm going to start travel nursing after the holidays and Albuquerque is one of the places I may end up working.
    We need you....

The funny thing is a co-worker's wife is a travel nurse and she spends her weeks on the east coast!

Hit me up when you get here...breakfast times will be NM Beef Jerky Co. Lunch will be Laguna Burger. Dinner, I am thinking El Modelo...

You too @RJ.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 12-09-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    We need you....

The funny thing is a co-worker's wife is a travel nurse and she spends her weeks on the east coast!

Hit me up when you get here...breakfast times will be NM Beef Jerky Co. Lunch will be Laguna Burger. Dinner, I am thinking El Modelo...

You too @RJ.

pat
    Sounds awesome.

Stupid thing is, they need me here too lol. My hospital pays travelers obscene money, but for me to make that kind of money I have to be a traveler. Why the hell I can't just stay home and get better money is beyond me, but screw it I'll play the game and get 4x the money per week than I get currently doing the exact same job.

Site Supporter
    You're probably already aware of this site but just in case.
    https://www.furnishedfinder.com/
    Daughter found it very helpful when she was doing her internships.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    You're probably already aware of this site but just in case.
    https://www.furnishedfinder.com/
    Daughter found it very helpful when she was doing her internships.
    I was not! I'd been looking at airbnb which allows you to check monthly rates of places, but I will definitely check out your link as well. Mucho appreciated good sir.

Site Supporter
    I was not! I'd been looking at airbnb which allows you to check monthly rates of places, but I will definitely check out your link as well. Mucho appreciated good sir.
    Glad I posted that then...
    We looked at AirBnB and found it way more expensive. She did a practicum in Australia that was only a few weeks, so, AirBnB worked ok. But furnishedfinders caters to the traveling medical community. She found a lot of medical professionals renting furnished rooms right nearby the places she was working. More expensive than a straight rental apartment, but fully furnished and short term. Way less than AirBnB. And If you don't mind a room in someone's house (often with private bath), rather than a private space just for you, it's even less. The two she used were no contract, a few months each. Husband was a Dr in 1 (still paying off med school and a new house), both were in med profession in the other.

If you find yourself in DFW, be sure to holler.

/drift
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Glad I posted that then...
    We looked at AirBnB and found it way more expensive. She did a practicum in Australia that was only a few weeks, so, AirBnB worked ok. But furnishedfinders caters to the traveling medical community. She found a lot of medical professionals renting furnished rooms right nearby the places she was working. More expensive than a straight rental apartment, but fully furnished and short term. Way less than AirBnB. And If you don't mind a room in someone's house (often with private bath), rather than a private space just for you, it's even less. The two she used were no contract, a few months each. Husband was a Dr in 1 (still paying off med school and a new house), both were in med profession in the other.

If you find yourself in DFW, be sure to holler.

/drift
    Once again thank you! I'm already finding one of their site tools for comparing housing costs in different cities very useful. And Texas is among the places I'm willing to work, so will definitely holler if that's the case!
    Ok no more thread drift from me unless I have Albuquerque questions

screw it I'll play the game and get 4x the money per week than I get currently doing the exact same job.
    My cousin did it for years (until my uncle got sick and needed her help back home), typically six-month contracts. She usually managed places like Cape Cod in the summer and back to St Thomas in the winter. After she married her husband followed along, easily picking up cabinet maker jobs. She said a secondary advantage was that just about the time that she started getting tired of her catty coworkers it was time to move on.

User Tag List