Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your best range practice tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Here’s one for helping folks eliminate a pre-ignition push:

Chamber round.
    Remove mag.
    Fire one round at target.
    Pull trigger again without waiting, aiming at target (dryfire)
    Insert mag
    Repeat until mag is empty.

Do this freestyle, SHO, and especially WHO.
    I need to add this to my next Range session.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Any good tips for ranges where you can't draw, can't move, and can't "rapid fire"?
    25y B8s. Most people can’t come close to the 1 shot/second “rapid fire” the average range hates and hope to hit a B8 repair center at 25y. You can work Freestyle, SHO, WHO, and transitions if your range allows multiple targets. There’s a pretty good DOTW posted right now, a 300 point aggregate, and there was a 500 point aggregate posted some months back.

You can also shoot small targets at closer ranges from various read positions. Two or three rounds to a 2” circle or 3”x5” card at 5-7 yards from the ready position of your choice. Repeat for other positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    One thing that helped me see the sights and reinforce what they were doing during Dry Practice, was wearing a pair of full lens +2.0 safety glasses and a Petzl AAA Headlight.
    Now that's downright interesting.

I usually like to start with the HiTS Super Test. From there, I'll run a few variations of their 2 second standards, do failure to stop drills from 5-10 yards (maybe further), and "something else." What something else is depends on the mood I'm in and what I feel like I need to work on. Sometimes it's just fun stuff, frequently it's 25 yard work, sometimes it's dot torture, just whatever I need to work on that I really feel like doing.

One thing I'm a huge believer in, going shooting needs to be fun. I did the whole work work work think with shooting and I nearly burned out bad because I wasn't really having all that much fun. Now, I don't have nearly as much time to shoot as I did then, and the increased time between range trips has cured me of the burnout. But I remember that feeling and work very hard to never have it happen again.

User Tag List