Thread: New M19 drew first blood

New M19 drew first blood

I was shooting some federal .357 158 JSP tonight. It was pleasantly accurate but I got something back to my left ear in the 3rd to last cylinder. Not bad but I touched it to see if there was any blood. None but in the next cylinder I got nipped and I started to bleed pretty good.

I jammed some paper towel in my ear muffs and kept shooting. Up untill then I was just using ear plugs. Prior to that load I shot some fmj .38s or .357 Golden Sabers with nothing getting spit back.

Are you getting bounce back from the target or debris from the cylinder/forcing cone gap? If the latter, the revolver may be out of time and needs to be serviced.

I'm guessing its the later. The range I work at has a chipped rubber backstop. I have been hit by richochets. This seemed like it was coming from the gun. I'm done with that box of ammo. If I get it from any other type I'll look into getting it serviced.

Site Supporter
    The phenomenon is called spitting lead. Sometimes what hits you is powder gases/particles. With jacketed bullets it's most always powder gases and burned particles. That's your problem. Let Smith fix it.

User Tag List