Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AFHF & RDS Transition

I didn't have any problems with a G19 RDS at ToddG's class, in fact it was quite a help in transitioning to the RDS, as always, YMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I didn't have any problems with a G19 RDS at ToddG's class, in fact it was quite a help in transitioning to the RDS, as always, YMMV...
    Sure, but you didn't pick Todd's class as your first serious training class to run the RDS in. Didn't you have quite a bit of time using the RDS before you came to Todd's class?

This concept really appeals to me especially with deteriorating eyesight but after seeing it used in a class, not so much.

We began experimenting with slide mounted RDS on duty pistols in early 2010--initially using dovetail mounted Dr. Optics and ITI mRDS.

By mid-2010, we had switched to trying DeltaPoints and RMR's in milled slides.

We also looked at micro Aimpoints mounted on slides; while loving many aspects, we did not like the existing mounting options or difficulty with holsters.

By the end of 2010, we became convinced that the RMR02 milled into a slide with BIS was the best option for a serious duty or carry pistol.

I decided to dedicate 2011 to only carrying and shooting RDS equipped pistols and began adding RMR's to my personal pistols.

ToddG's class I took in March 2011 was the first high round count training class I took with an RDS equipped pistol.

I also shot RMR equipped pistols at both Pat McNamara and Kyle Defoor pistol training classes during the summer 2011

as well as using one during a Jason Falla class in the Fall of 2011.

Since transitioning to RMR equipped pistols at the beginning of 2011, I have trained with them on a weekly basis--usually putting 150-200 rds through them each session.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 02-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.

I just finished my first formal training course, using an RDS, a two day course with Manny Bragg at Universal Shooting Academy in FL. Firing 2,500 rounds over the two days, across a wide variety of shooting challenges, greatly increased my familiarity and confidence with the RDS. Will try to post an AAR on this very helpful training soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just finished my first formal training course, using an RDS, a two day course with Manny Bragg at Universal Shooting Academy in FL. Firing 2,500 rounds over the two days, across a wide variety of shooting challenges, greatly increased my familiarity and confidence with the RDS. Will try to post an AAR on this very helpful training soon.
    Manny's a trip, isn't he?

Looking forward to your AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by jthhapkido View Post
    Manny's a trip, isn't he?

Looking forward to your AAR.
    It is in the course review section.

User Tag List