Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why 10 rnd limits?

I think there is a messaging disconnect between Production being offered as the entry point to the sport ("It's the Division for out-of-the-box pistols!") while requiring the novice shooter to acquire more magazines, more magazine pouches, and then navigate a more complex stage plan due to the additional reloads. As others have pointed out, Limited Minor is always an option, but that's hardly communicated as the on-ramp to USPSA.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Before the new website you'd be hard pressed to learn there was any division other than open based on their photos.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I think there is a messaging disconnect between Production being offered as the entry point to the sport ("It's the Division for out-of-the-box pistols!") while requiring the novice shooter to acquire more magazines, more magazine pouches, and then navigate a more complex stage plan due to the additional reloads. As others have pointed out, Limited Minor is always an option, but that's hardly communicated as the on-ramp to USPSA.
    It definitely requires the least investment as a "try this and see if I like it" option, but of course if somebody wants to really get competitive, Limited adds up fast. I bet my entire Production setup (gun, mags, holster, pouches, belt, everything) has a lower total pricetag than most dedicated Limited guns, without even adding in the cost of belt, mags, pouches, and holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Before the new website you'd be hard pressed to learn there was any division other than open based on their photos.
    Yup. And there are still high overall winners identified at some matches.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Thanks guys, this an interesting discussion. As I suspected it began w/ the clinton gun law. I don't really care that much, and am definitely not complaining. It is more a curiosity. I decided last year when I shot my first IDPA match that I am doing this to improve my skills w/ our B92 defense guns. So far I have only shot that one IDPA match and then an IDPA classifier, 4-5 Steel Challenges, and 5 Tues night very local 3 stage USPSA-like matches. Last Tuesday the 10 rnd limit really hit me as I had to reload for one more shot. I don't really understand how the scoring works yet but I am having a lot of fun, learning a lot, and usually somehow manage to place middle of the 15-30 shooter pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    If you don't like production there are 7 other divisions that play differently, plus multigun and steel challenge for communists.
    ^ *DING*

Seriously. If picking another division is odious, then...and this is gonna be WILDLY offensive to some...

...maybe *gasp* get better at the things that'd make one more competitive in one's chosen division. Or league. Or activity as a whole, for that matter.

When did getting BETTER (particularly at one's weaknesses, perceived or objective) become not-the-point?
    When did *minor* disparate restrictions become a Trump-wall to doing so?
    What's the payoff for those insisting on fostering the attitude that they *do* represent such obstacles, when they don't?

I’ve been running the limited capacity divisions most the year, and it’s been fun, but can’t wait to rock 29 + 1 this Saturday.

User Tag List