Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “Go To” Pocket Holsters

Site Supporter
    Awesome!

Thank you guys so much; I truly appreciate the info!

I’ll look between the options and make a decision.

Some day I may end up with a Glock 42 or 43. But I figure use what I have currently as proof of concept first.

God Bless,

Brandon

I'm an AHolster fan but if I were going to go leather I would give this guy a try. http://pcsholsters.com/pocket_holsters.html
    A quick google search reveals multiple threads on this subject in the past. It seems pocket carry is just like any other holster selection. It depends what works for you and may take some trial and error to find the right one for your application.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Do any of you do anything for clothing shopping purposes? I picked up a pocket holster (either Uncle MIkes or Sticky, not where it is) for $5 at a damaged freight store, with the intent of using it and a blue gun, for sizing when shopping for shorts (haven't worn them much in years, I think I own two pair). I figured for that little bit, it was worth seeing what would work. I realize once we get what we know works, we tend to stick with it, but too many times I have found things change.
    Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Do any of you do anything for clothing shopping purposes? I picked up a pocket holster (either Uncle MIkes or Sticky, not where it is) for $5 at a damaged freight store, with the intent of using it and a blue gun, for sizing when shopping for shorts (haven't worn them much in years, I think I own two pair). I figured for that little bit, it was worth seeing what would work. I realize once we get what we know works, we tend to stick with it, but too many times I have found things change.
    Thanks
    I always stick my hand all the way in the pocket. How far it goes in is a good indication. I then carry them to a fitting room to double check with my actual gun.

I've pocket carried for so long I can run my hand in the pocket and tell whether it's of a proper dimension for pocket carry. Some otherwise nice pants have gotten the thumbs down for not having suitable pockets.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

The AHolster Backbone is working well for my 642; I’d imagine his regular pocket holster works just as well for a small semi-auto.

I like the Desantis Nemisis, not that I've tried a lot of different ones. I have one for my LCP, LCR, and my G26.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I started with a Kramer Pro pcket holster for a J frame (and a Colt Mustang .380). When it was no longer servicable, 10+ years of very frequent use, I switched to a Mica pocket holster, first for a J frame and then for a Shield. Am now using a Blue Force Gear pocket holster for the Shield.

I noticed that Blue Force Gear has now released it’s UltraComp pocket holster for the j frame. Has anyone on this forum tried one? If so, what did you think?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I noticed that Blue Force Gear has now released it’s UltraComp pocket holster for the j frame. Has anyone on this forum tried one? If so, what did you think?
    Bumping this because I would like to know this as well.

User Tag List