Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: “Go To” Pocket Holsters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I noticed that Blue Force Gear has now released it’s UltraComp pocket holster for the j frame. Has anyone on this forum tried one? If so, what did you think?
    I've got no experience with the UltraComp in a j frame, but I use one for my LCP (depending on the pants I'm wearing). It's pretty minimalist, which is nice as it doesn't add a ton of bulk. I snagged it during one of BFGs sales and I've been pretty happy with it.

I use a Kramer Pocket Gun Holster for my 642 and have been very pleased with it. It is very stable, stays in the pocket when you draw the gun and has held up very well over many years of use:

https://www.kramerleather.com/collec...et-gun-holster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisaw View Post
    I noticed that Blue Force Gear has now released it’s UltraComp pocket holster for the j frame. Has anyone on this forum tried one? If so, what did you think?
    I have one, purchased after buying and having good experience with another for the G42 ( I believe after @GJM gave the G42 version a thumbs up). I haven’t used it, primarily because I largely switched to the G42, and have kept using the Safariland mod 25 pocket holster I already had for the J when I have carried it. I imagine it will work well—I think the “hook” portion is exactly the same as the G42 version. I will go fish it out of the holster box...let me know if there is anything specific I can check

ETA: belatedly catching up to the date of @Unisaw ‘s post.. @RAM Engineer, let me know if I can help.
    Last edited by Gater; 11-02-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Since asking the question, I have switched to an Aholster and am very happy with it.

Site Supporter
    My experience with the Kramer pocket holster is the same as Amp's.

I've tried a variety of well regarded pocket holsters for my J frame. However, since I got my Aholster Backbone several months ago I haven't touched any of the others. The Backbone is far superior to anything else I've tried. I use it daily.

https://aholster.com/pocket-backbone/

I had trouble with the website so I called him on a Saturday and left a message. He called me back that day, took my order, and gave me a discount for my trouble. Great customer service.

Site Supporter
    I’ve been using the same Kramer pocket holster for 20 years. It still looks great . I don’t put anything else in my pocket with it. When I pocket carry, the 642 and holster go in the pocket alone.

I use the excellent PCS Blackbird pocket holster for my 642-1. Works very well with jeans.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I've used 'em all, for J-frame revolvers, and I do mean all, including Kramer, Alessi, Mika and several other makers' models, and the AHolster Pocket Backbone excels them all, both in concealability and accessability.
    FWIW.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I tracked down my Blue Force Ultracomp the other day (did I say "holster box"? I meant "boxes"... ) for my 442 and carried for a bit and did some dry reps. It sat well in the large front pocket of the shorts I usually use with pocket carry, and worked well on staying in pocket on draw if I was mindful to keep a slight rearward angle on my stroke. I had one out of a dozen draws (probably going fast) where I came out of the pocket straight up and it was still on the gun...if that happens, it's definitely a two hand job to clear it, because it fits the gun tightly (I can flick my Safariland 25 off).

I like the Ultracomp quite a bit on my G42. I couldn't realistically pocket carry the G43, but the G42 is viable for me. That said, the J frame really rules for pocket carry.

User Tag List