Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Retiring a bit early............

Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement. You earned it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Congrats sir, and thank you for your service.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You have every reason to feel proud. And be aware that you were hand picked for the new job.You did not fall into it. Best of luck to you.
    Trooper - willie said it best. You were selected, for sure.

Thank you for your years of service, Sir.

Enjoy the new job!

Today's a blizzard and for the first time in a quarter century I don't care.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Today's a blizzard and for the first time in a quarter century I don't care.
    This is great. I'm retired from the telephone company and I was on call 24/7/365. The other day we were driving down the highway on a stormy Sunday morning when I spotted a phone company van going the other way. I just laughed because it wasn't me.

Got a call this afternoon to go down the the federal building tomorrow at get measured for my snappy new slacks and blazer. Now I'll spend my time looking like a sports announcer rather than a cop. Apparently, they supply everything but the socks and skivvies so I'm glad I hadn't got around to buying a new pair of shoes.

Site Supporter
    Hey Trooper, I hope you don't get stuck with low stride, too tight duds best suited for metrosexuals and nerds. You never know about low bid products!

A good friend who retired from Texas DPS recently retired from the very same job that you will be starting. He told me that some of his colleagues became complacent and a few became careless. Boredom made these guys think that there was little risk. Not all had his level of training. Therein lies the danger. Of course I stated the obvious.

Congratulations! It is, indeed, good to finally not have to be concerned about saving people from themselves during a weather event. Hurricane Harvey exhausted the last of that, from within me, and is one reason I decided to retire in late January 2018.

I just got a call from the new boss, my body armor has arrived. I'll go down tomorrow to make sure it fits and I should get a start date. The boss told me it might take two months for the armor to arrive, he was right on the nose.

Site Supporter
    Hey, Trooper, your armor came in, but what about your shirts and pants? Those folks move a tad slow. I hope you don't get mad and slap somebody.

User Tag List