Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retiring a bit early............

Site Supporter
    Congrats on the proposed retirement. I have 5 years till I am eligible (for the good plan, for the just gotta retire and find a new job plan I was eligible 2 weeks ago), and with young crotch fruit running around, retiring in 10 is my goal.

I think I want to take a clue from you and learn how to tell people "no fucks given" and "go fuck yourself", and give up some of my archaic, forced CIT ways.

pat

So, pension and a paycheck? Sounds like a great opportunity for your growth in your revolver collection.
    Seriously, congratulations.

Congratulations! I go out in 2.5 with 30 years at age 50. I cant wait.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Congrats on the proposed retirement. I have 5 years till I am eligible (for the good plan, for the just gotta retire and find a new job plan I was eligible 2 weeks ago), and with young crotch fruit running around, retiring in 10 is my goal.

I think I want to take a clue from you and learn how to tell people "no fucks given" and "go fuck yourself", and give up some of my archaic, forced CIT ways.

pat
    Okay- can somebody translate “young crotch fruit”? And why it would make you want to wait longer to retire?
    Often I can get a good idea through context, but this one will have me scratching my head for a while...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Okay- can somebody translate “young crotch fruit”? And why it would make you want to wait longer to retire?
    Often I can get a good idea through context, but this one will have me scratching my head for a while...
    Crotch fruit was a less than positive term for offspring the wife learned on the book of faces, and she wanted to be the first to work it into polite conversation. I just won. Literally my children are the fruit of my crotch (it is unisex, the wife and I can both claim it, since we value humor over staunch propriety). My youngest in five years will be in 10th grade, and I see a lot of co-workers who retire with kids in elementry school.... So in 10 years he will almost be done with his initial round of collage, and I can retire.

pat

Young Kids...?

Congratulations! Best of luck on the new career!

Be fruitful, and multiply.

This fruit can start incurring additional expenses at about 18 to 19.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-28-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Congrats. Mind if we ask what the new gig is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Not yet, don't want to jinx it. Nothing terribly exciting or high speed.
    Well a spot did just open up on the Supreme Court...just sayin'.

Congrats.

Thanks all. I had the interview this morning and it was really more of a formality than anything. The feds mine my agency for this job. One of the guys who used to work in my division retired and went over a couple of years ago. They have an upcoming opening, so he called my Troop HQ to see who was up for retirement, then called me. The timing couldn't have been more spot on. Two troops I used to work with retired this last year and got hired on, so it's almost like a transfer rather than a new job. Same old peeps, but no big hat uniform anymore.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List