Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Retiring a bit early............

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Who is supplying the vest - USMS or the company ?
    A question for which I have no confirmed answer. I believe it's company supplied, because my Paragon supplied armor is different than the rest which were purchased when MVM had the contract. Honestly, it's one of those things I don't spend time considering. I'm paid to wear it and have no control over where it comes from.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I just finished my first week on the job.

A few observations:

Boredom is the biggest enemy on this job. The challenge is staying alert.

Federal Judges seem to think they need to wax loquacious every time they pass sentence. Hey judge, sentence the felons ass and let's move on. By Jupiter's cock, you're not providing a life changing moment here, nor do you need to explain the Magna Carta.

Pretty good group of guys. Only a couple of blue falcons who seem to have caused quite a bit of trouble recently, but since Paragon took over the contract they seem to have put paid to those shenanigans.

Weapon is the Glock 23. Not my favorite brand or model thereof, but I'm not paying for it myself.

The body armor with the blazer absolutely sucks balls. The thing's heavier that what I wore on the job and feels like a flak jacket. Being a weight lifter I have a fairly developed upper body and it makes me look even bigger than I already am in the torso and I don't need any assistance in that area. Combine the white vest carrier with the blue blazer and I look like the courthouse penguin. Oh well, I'm gettin' paid.

At 53 I'm the youngest of the bunch. It's been a long time since I was the new guy and even longer since someone addressed me with, "Hey kid".

I signed up for part time, but we're currently under staffed so it's full time for the immediate future. I'm 50/50 on that. The money will be nice, but I was looking forward to the free time.

All in all, I recommend it.
    Sentencing hearings are always brutally long with our federal judges.

One of the blue coats told me the other day that they were getting 19M’s, and the Marshals were getting 17M’s.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Sentencing hearings are always brutally long with our federal judges.

One of the blue coats told me the other day that they were getting 19M’s, and the Marshals were getting 17M’s.
    That would be good. I'd far prefer either one over the 23.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 02-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Ourblue coat guys have 22s from what I have seen. The DUSMs had a mix of 22s and 23s.

Site Supporter
    Ourblue coat guys have 22s from what I have seen. The DUSMs had a mix of 22s and 23s.

Both FBI and DEA are going with 19M and 17M so it makes sense for USMS to follow suit.

User Tag List