Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FYI: Looks like they're making 92 compacts again (in TN)...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Back to back, a USP Compact makes a 92 Compact feel silly. I haven't figured out exactly what it is, but there's no contest for me.
    Can you elaborate? A 92 Compact and USP Compact are 2 out of 3 guns in my EDC rotation.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The USP Compact just locked into my grip, where the 92 Compact felt weird and awkward in comparison. It was a long time ago that I did the comparison, so I don't really have any more details than that. Other people will have different hands and should try it for themselves.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    The USP Compact just locked into my grip, where the 92 Compact felt weird and awkward in comparison. It was a long time ago that I did the comparison, so I don't really have any more details than that. Other people will have different hands and should try it for themselves.
    Funny - I had a very different experience. The USP Compact was easier to carry, had a smaller grip (yet the same magazine capacity), so it concealed better, and was lighter. Yet the 92 Compact just fit my hand better, and was easier to shoot well.
    So I picked the gun I could shoot best for carry on my own time.

I agree with GyroF-16... Of course it is very much personal preference, but my 92FC feels much better in the hand and I shoot it better. My USP9C is more compact and shoots well. I think they're both great guns, and were I not totally happy carrying my Centurion Tactical with Surefire XC-1B in a JMCK Wing-Claw 2.5, I'd have a dilemma. A new 92 Compact with rail is on my short list (in black/Bruniton) and could change things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Funny - I had a very different experience. The USP Compact was easier to carry, had a smaller grip (yet the same magazine capacity), so it concealed better, and was lighter. Yet the 92 Compact just fit my hand better, and was easier to shoot well.
    So I picked the gun I could shoot best for carry on my own time.
    I haven't shot a USP compact (well, I did have one in 45)... but I find the 92c's grip to pretty perfect for my hands--especially with the Wilson G10s.

I have XXXL hands (larger, if you're talking Alpinestars motorcycle gloves). The full size 92/96 fits me great. The Compact feels awkward.

Back to back, a USP Compact makes a 92 Compact feel silly. I haven't figured out exactly what it is, but there's no contest for me.
    Funny coincidence, I just traded my USP Compact for the M9A1 Compact. Nothing wrong with the USPc, I just realized I hadn’t shot it in nearly 10 years and figured I’d pick up a new range toy.

I’ve had the Beretta to the range a few times now and realize, with my hand size, a Centurion would have been a better fit for me. I have a 92A1 and c’est magnifique. As I don’t want to drop the money for a used stock or new Wilson Cen-Tac, having just bought the compact, does anyone offer a mag well that would effectively extend the Compact’s grip length to that of the full size grip? To be run with the full-size magazines?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Funny coincidence, I just traded my USP Compact for the M9A1 Compact. Nothing wrong with the USPc, I just realized I hadn’t shot it in nearly 10 years and figured I’d pick up a new range toy.

I’ve had the Beretta to the range a few times now and realize, with my hand size, a Centurion would have been a better fit for me. I have a 92A1 and c’est magnifique. As I don’t want to drop the money for a used stock or new Wilson Cen-Tac, having just bought the compact, does anyone offer a mag well that would effectively extend the Compact’s grip length to that of the full size grip? To be run with the full-size magazines?
    X Grip makes some mag adapter sleeves for the full size mags in the compact frame that might do the trick for you.

http://x-grips.com/beretta/92c/
    Last edited by e_stern; 07-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

I bought a used compact that came with one of those x-grips. It feels nice. The compact's grip is a little short for me too. I'm going to have to take it to the range but I may end up selling it and sticking with my PX4 compacts for carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List