Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FYI: Looks like they're making 92 compacts again (in TN)...

The grip length difference of the full size versus compact is minimal on paper but in practice wondering about the differences. I have a CenTac.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    No dovetailed front sight, no G model...pass..
    Ditto ! Does anyone think there is a chance we will see a compact with a dovetail seeing as Wilson has one on the Cen Tac ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting week....I just learned of the existence of the Beretta 92 Compact on Monday, only to then discover they’d been discontinued. Now while searching for an alternate forum for reloading ideas I discover that the 92 Compact is once again available. I suppose if I check back tomorrow I’ll find that a Single stack 92 Compact is available so that my diminutive spouse of 43 years can actually join my love affair with the Beretta 92. I’ve owned a 92FS since 1992, have fired over 20,000 rounds of nearly every type of 9, including my own XTP and HAP reloads...but my poor wife can barely wrap her hands around it. Despite that, she shoots it better than any other pistol we’ve tried. The negligible recoil makes it a delight to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The Wilson Ultrathin grips on the Compact completely change how the gun is carried and shot. They are completely worth the $80.

The later is easily remedied with the factory G conversion kit. The former is what I refer to as the greatest oversight in the history of the world. It makes the lack of AmeriGlo HD sights for the HK platform seem reasonable. Seriously, if Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Sonya Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan got together to design a Beretta slide, it would lack a front dovetail...
    I'm well aware of the factory conversion kits, as I have one installed in my Vertec..However, comparing it, to a factory G, the factory G is a much better design, and dosen't have the right side lever sticking out like a sore thumb...Beretta really needs to get on the stick and quit halfassing these pistols, I want a dovetailed front sight, I want factory G models.... How difficult is that Beretta? For God's sake wake the f@#% up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Ditto ! Does anyone think there is a chance we will see a compact with a dovetail seeing as Wilson has one on the Cen Tac ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It's not like they don't know HOW to do it, the Cent -Tac's prove they can, they just won't do it.. Beretta needs to be brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century...

Quote Originally Posted by Flat6 View Post
    The grip length difference of the full size versus compact is minimal on paper but in practice wondering about the differences. I have a CenTac.
    When I carried at 3:00, it made a difference for me, a noticeable one. Appendix, less so. When I carried at 3, I almost exclusively carried an M9A1 compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    When I carried at 3:00, it made a difference for me, a noticeable one. Appendix, less so. When I carried at 3, I almost exclusively carried an M9A1 compact.
    I carry at 3:30 and it definitely makes a difference to me. I can conceal a full-size 92, it just requires more care with fewer dress options than the 92C.
    Last edited by LSP552; 06-28-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Here's my spin, FWIW: Relatively speaking, it's less about the paper and actual dimensions of a specific platform, it's about how well you index with it. It's more important in my opinion to go with a platform that you demonstratively shoot well than to go with a more truncated variant ostensibly to achieve some benefit for concealibility or micro-seconds deleted when drawing.

I'm not a huge guy (well, despite my wife's "suggestions" that I should lose 10-15 lbs...), but I can easily and comfortably carry my Beretta 92D or Glock G21 in every season of the year. Yes, you'll have to knowledgeably choose and manage holsters and clothing, but with a modicum of experience that's not that difficult to do.

Choose judiciously, stick with what works, dress around it, and stop chasing unicorns.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Choose judiciously, stick with what works, dress around it, and stop chasing unicorns.
    I think my ears are ringing (burning?).

Of all my guns, I think I shoot my 92 compact best (maybe my PX4cc on some days). Yet I've been chasing some "more totable expression" of what I get with that gun. I thought it was the PX4cc... and though I shoot it about as well, I didn't find it dramatically easier to tote. So I went back to my P239... chased the compact .45 unicorn (which has culminated in a P245)... tried a CZ RAMI (FTFs manifested) and have most recently tried the Daewoo.

I've been carrying my P245 more than anything, lately. Occasionally a P230 for very low-profile needs. Occasionally a PPK/S I want to feel like I'm in a movie. Need to agree with myself on the "all-around mid-size/compact 9 niche."
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-28-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Can any one confirm if it is safe to use a Wilson Centurian slide on the 92 compact frame. Also is there a consolidated list of what slides and frames are compatible for a frankengun.

User Tag List