Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: John Lovell/Warrior Poets Society

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

In short, I'd love to meet the guy. I'm not so sure if I had the opportunity that I'd pay money to train with him though. Depends on what options I'd have, of course.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    I would not want to meet him or train with him by any means. The dude is a fraud. He sells other manufacturers product with the Warrior Poet Society logo slapped on em.

There are SMEs here who know him.
    I will defer to them on the subject.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJTheMan View Post
    I would not want to meet him or train with him by any means. The dude is a fraud. He sells other manufacturers product with the Warrior Poet Society logo slapped on em.
    If that's your criteria then 99% of all other businesses fall into the same category.

I've never taken a class (from anyone) but one thing he doesn't do is present himself as owning and operating a machine shop or any other manufacturing facility.

Site Supporter
    I don’t know him and haven’t watched much of his programming, but considering that you just joined here and your only two posts on the forum are in a two month old thread you dug up so you could bitch about a knife he re-branded, I’d say your opinion doesn’t count for much.

ETA: both knives are made by the same factory in Italy, so it’s not like he commissioned a Chinese counterfeit blade. I think he just paid a license fee to the company that produces that knife. A lot of large scale manufacturers offer deals to “customize” production line blades for smaller re-sellers. This just looks like good old fashioned capitalism to me.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Colone...Folding--88601
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-13-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

You might also hate him then for having his branding on the Shadow Systems War Poet that’s just a reworked MR920?

Putting your name on something as an endorsement of a model or version isn’t exactly new or sketchy.

If it helps him keep putting content out there, I’m fine with it!

22 Plinkster is a fraud on the basis that he doesn't own and operate CCI rimfire ammunition production.

Name:  404447.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  33.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    22 Plinkster is a fraud on the basis that he doesn't own and operate CCI rimfire ammunition production.

Name:  404447.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  33.6 KB
    Not the biggest John Lovell / WP fan but yeah, re-branding products you endorse, especially if they are decent is not derogatory.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not the biggest John Lovell / WP fan but yeah, re-branding products you endorse, especially if they are decent is not derogatory.
    I wouldn't read that much into it. It's the 3rd newest account on the whole site (uid 20904 for 'DavidJTheMan' vs 20907 for the newest guy 'spazatak') with 2 posts, both in this thread. Which had been dead for a year before OP necro'd it.

Pretty good odds they don't show up again except to comment on this topic.

That's okay, I hear Front Sight is still offering classes. Maybe that's more your speed... Clearly you don't understand how industries work with third party products and branding deals.

How does it make you feel to know that you just helped sell another WPSN subscription as a show of support? LOL #CancelTheCancelCulture
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Fuck, are you shitting me?! You mean John doesn't have his own machine shop full of wizened Gnomes cranking out knives? He actually paid a manufacturer to put his brand on their product? What the hell kind of business plan is that? I bet he also sells other products through the WPS online store that he or his wife didn't actually make with their own two hands, in all of their spare time. You're right bro, what a fraud and sellout. Be right back, gotta go cancel my Patreon subscription to WPS. I hate being duped like that.

Who should we go after next, Bruh? Black Rifle Coffee Company? I bet them frauds have never planted a coffee plant in their lives, let alone picked all them beans for their product. Hell, I bet they don't even own a single burro for getting those beans down off those mountains that they probably don't own either.

Let's not stop there, let's take a good hard look at the owner of this forum, @LittleLebowski, hell, I bet he wasn't even in the movie. And I bet that isn't even him in the picture next to his forum handle.

We're on a roll now @DavidJTheMan, we'll show folks the real truth!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List