Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: John Lovell/Warrior Poets Society

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What censorship are you talking about?
    YT demonetizing all, and often removing, content they don't politically agree with. They do this directly (just remove videos) by writing TOS rules that premeditate the removal if posted, and it's often done indirectly via groups of leftists focusing and reporting certain videos until they are removed.

Most major gun channels have made videos about this happening. Some channels have even been removed completely, most notably Hickok45, until reinstating him. Rob at AKOU just made video on this subject, confirming that more of his videos have recently been taken down by YT.

ETA: I don't disagree that private companies have the right to censor and moderate their platforms, which is why I'll support John in breaking away from those that I believe use it to affect political change.

I'm in on this too. I'm a big fan of John and not a fan of what youtube has become.

Hopefully this will open up to other content creators and we can have a legitimate alternative to youtube.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    YT demonetizing all, and often removing, content they don't politically agree with. They do this directly (just remove videos) by writing TOS rules that premeditate the removal if posted, and it's often done indirectly via groups of leftists focusing and reporting certain videos until they are removed.

Most major gun channels have made videos about this happening. Some channels have even been removed completely, most notably Hickok45, until reinstating him. Rob at AKOU just made video on this subject, confirming that more of his videos have recently been taken down by YT.

ETA: I don't disagree that private companies have the right to censor and moderate their platforms, which is why I'll support John in breaking away from those that I believe use it to affect political change.

Okay, I understand your original post now. There was a lack of clarity due to me not actually thinking about what I was reading.

Thank you.

I知 mixed on the private platform being able to censor issue. In theory I知 for it, as I love freedom. However, if they control the only major source(s) for getting your message out, at some point does it become like a public utility?

I don稚 know, and big government scares me more than most things. It is a complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Okay, I understand your original post now. There was a lack of clarity due to me not actually thinking about what I was reading.

Thank you.

I知 mixed on the private platform being able to censor issue. In theory I知 for it, as I love freedom. However, if they control the only major source(s) for getting your message out, at some point does it become like a public utility?

I don稚 know, and big government scares me more than most things. It is a complex issue.
    You could go back and take a historical look at what happened to Bell Telephone and why. For mental entertainment...what do you think would happen if Twitter and Youtube blocked the President?

Maybe someone here (LL)? could contact John Lovell and get a discount sign up code for P-F members...

I applaud him for breaking away from YT. Other's have tried that to mixed results, IIRC? Wasn't there a 'movement' for the gun folks to move to Vimeo or something similar a few years back. Guntube hasn't exactly taken off.

Having said that, the promo turned me off. He's too slick for his own good. The fake "You mean I'm going to deliver the Hummvee? For real? I had no idea." made it seem like a promo for the Jimmy Fallon show. I don't expect everyone or even anyone to share my views, but if he turns into an entertainer/showman it will lose something.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I applaud him for breaking away from YT. Other's have tried that to mixed results, IIRC? Wasn't there a 'movement' for the gun folks to move to Vimeo or something similar a few years back. Guntube hasn't exactly taken off.
    There's a gun centric youtube replacement that launches every couple of years. None are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyL View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa gents, I am not John Lovell. Sure my name is John (Family and friends call me Johnny) and my last name starts with L but the similarities stop there. Well we also want to be good fathers, good husbands, and serve our community... ok so we have that too. Oh and we both seem to be seekers of knowledge and life long learners (what brought me here)... we both want to live balanced lives and focus on being better people (damn him for thinking of such a good name first with Warrior Poets Society)...sheesh no wonder the WPS caught my attention.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up right away, I am not John Lovell. I could never grow that luxurious spartan beard LOL. That guy has spent countless hours with firearms. My only experience so far is what I learned from my Dad/Grandfather/Uncles as a kid and that one day in Navy boot camp when we took a break from firefighting to actually shoot a firearm. Not much risk of a gun battle with the enemy on a submarine.

Happy to be here and engage with you all.

But if I ever get to take one of his courses, I値l be sure to pass along your kind words.
    I dunno, you sound like the sort of poster we can always use around here. Welcome aboard, from one low-speed/high drag guy to another.

As an aside, one of my mentors was a commander from the submarine community. Dascenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    There's a gun centric youtube replacement that launches every couple of years. None are successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Anyone here ever drive by one of those rural Montana intersection gas places, with a case of cheap knives and throwing stars on the way to the restroom, and two slot machines on the other wall? Gun training youtubes are those slot machines.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 04-08-2020 at 11:27 PM.

I, as with others, have seen such platforms come and go over the years. Nevertheless, I'm glad to see this, and I wish them well in the venture. I'd love to see something that makes it worth the time for several folks in the community to get more content online; and it's good to see at least one already onboard.

Honestly, I'm curious what their selection process is like for allowing others to add content - I get asked now and then to do some video work, but have no desire to wade into the morass that is YT et al, even before you delve into the demonetizing and removal of videos with minimal appeal options. Ben at Redbeard Combatives has posted a good bit about his own experience.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

I wouldn't trust him

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Did a search and saw a few references to him (all positive), but I'm curious if anyone here has trained with him or followed him. Being a bit of an over-thinker of things I like a lot of what he has to say and the practical approach he takes. All that said - there are a lot of pretenders, snake oil salesmen, or guys that have "been there and done that" but are terrible in their approach or presentation.

Thoughts?

Warrior Poet Society
    John Lovell is a sketchy guy. And as someone else replied, he's a sellout. Guy claims to be self-righteous and a man of faith, yet the Fox Folder knife he sells through The Warrior Poet Society is a knockoff of the Colonel Blades folder. Overall, I'd say he's a pretty untrustworthy guy.

User Tag List