Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon to Acquire Ameriglo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    I really like Ameriglo sights, I hope they continue the current line, but business wise Trijicon must be doing something right because they had the funds to buy Ameriglo not the other way around.
    That has a lot more to do with Trijicons optics and GOV/MIL sales of said optics than what they are doing with pistol night sights.

Shit, guess I need to bulk buy some sights just in case things end up totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That has a lot more to do with Trijicons optics and GOV/MIL sales of said optics than what they are doing with pistol night sights.
    Exactly. One word - ACOG. They happen to sit on top of 95%+ of the Marine's rifles/carbines and probably 50% or so of they Army's. I've got to imagine they have quite a few other government contracts as well.

I assume Rick is still the principal at AmeriGlo and I hope he got a massive payday for it. Many years ago (late 90's? can't recall now) he personally hung out at the GSSF Conyers match and he installed a set of sights on one of my guns. Had me shoot it and check centering and POI there in one of the practice bays then come back to him at his booth to confirm.
    Such a great guy.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Seen on Twitter -

@TheTacticalWire
    @TheTacticalWire

@Trijicon to Acquire AmeriGlo
    https://bit.ly/2tGDAIX

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Exactly. One word - ACOG. They happen to sit on top of 95%+ of the Marine's rifles/carbines and probably 50% or so of they Army's. I've got to imagine they have quite a few other government contracts as well.
    Yup, UK and several commonwealth militaries use them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup, UK and several commonwealth militaries use them as well.
    The Brits actually just switched to fixed 4x Elcan Specters accross the board with shield rds's on top, but yeah, they were big acog users for the better part of a decade.

Hopefully, Trijicon has some intelligence wrt the acquisition. If they split the brands Trijicon = electro optics and Ameriglo = irons and run them as 2 separate divisions they could do well. If they Trijicon-ize everything they will probably cock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just great. Take an industry with minimal innovation and high prices, and combine two of the larger players to reduce competition further.

Trijicon whose idea of “custom” is giving you Tool Tech’s phone number, and where the R&D department is still studying whether the consumer might be interested in an HD rear sight that doesn’t double as a knife. Ameriglo, whose idea of customer service is having you buy from a dealer, or trade on a gun forum, and is still wondering whether HK is a niche manufacturer worthy of making sights for.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out.
    Sounds like a business opportunity!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Trijicon was probably pissed that it's HD Sights lost to the Ameriglo Bold sights, now it purchased Ameriglo and wins haha
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List